Mount Olive Police Dispatch ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolant113

I listen to Mount Olive Police all the time and i always am curious to know what the numbers that they say when they clear any call mean. For example an officer will be like "clear 3122" or they will say "com stat 5222". They have various different numbers that they use but those are two examples. Anybody have any clue what they mean?

rmosier

I listen to them constantly. I've never heard the number that you listed, but they do use badge numbers to ID themselves all the time.

chiefjohnson

Those numbers are their COMPSTAT disposition numbers. It's something new I have heard them saying as of the last month or so. Regarding MOPD radio I have been hearing a sometimes open carrier from their repeater and then what sounds like different signal changes like when someone transmitting is getting bounced around a voter of some sort. It sounds like a voter because you can hear the phone line sound when the carrier ends (most times) Either way the overall audio of the system sounds horrible. I've heard it's a pice meal type VHF setup which is a 100 times better than the low band simplex 39.40 they were using just a few years ago

Coolant113

What's the purpose of COMPSTAT numbers? And it is relatively pretty new. It's been bothering the hell out of me the past few weeks and not knowing what they mean.

As far as the quality I completely agree with you. It's absolutely horrible, very very poor. The telephone sound, what is that? I figured it was just part of the radio system and it was normal. I listen to Warren County all the time and they a very similar sound on there fire response channel. Never thought twice about it tho.

chiefjohnson

It's the RTNA line sound that bleeds thru when the carrier is opened or closed. It's very loud and alomost sounds as if there's multiple receivers in their system thru a voter. Sounds very old school actually. As far as their COMPSTAT it has been around for 20 yrs. Started by the NYPD and has worked well in many sized communities. MOPD is in te process of trying to gain accredation with a National Police Organiation which in turn gives them advantages on grants and funding as well as lowers their risk assesments in insurance policies/litigation

W2SJW

Database Admin
MOPD has always sounded weird to me since they went to VHF. The channel is NFM, but it's very 'hot' in regards to it's deviation.

It also has a lot of high-pitched squeaks & chirps, which for lack of a better description, makes it sound 'sweet'. Very annoying to listen to for long periods of time...

rmosier

Have to admit I never noticed, nor do I have any knowledge of COMPSTAT disposition numbers. How and why do they use them? I'll be paying closer attention.

kenisned

Premium Subscriber
Have to admit I never noticed, nor do I have any knowledge of COMPSTAT disposition numbers. How and why do they use them? I'll be paying closer attention.

You hear them on a MV stop. Usually after they clear they give the code to the dispatcher.

Anyone have a listing?

Status
Not open for further replies.