NJ State Police Feed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolant113

Is there a reason that there isn't a NJ State Police live feed up? I know it could be because nobody has hosted it yet, but i know in the past there was one here of troop "B" and "C". I cannot be certain tho. I was wondering if the state just does not want one up of them or whatever the deal is. Just me being curious

ravenscroft

Premium Subscriber
I would love it if I could hear the Bellmawr barracks considering I work across from it and we see them flooring it onto route 42 all day long. Sometimes it's nice to know why there are 4 cruisers headed out with lights going. I've never owned a scanner but I have been looking at starting.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
I have one up for the turnpike south end. Sometimes it will cover the central and north areas when the band conditions are favorable. The problem with the state police is there is a lot of activity and to hear everything on one feed even for each troop you would need multiple feeds so you don't miss a lot of things. Busy channels need a dedicated feed which requires a radio per feed. Can get a little costly and complicated for the feed provider.

Coolant113

I would be interested in hosting a feed of state police from here in Warren County. However i know nothing about there system or where to even begin on selecting the right channels to broadcast. If someone has a freescan file for me for it for this region i would be more then happy to provide it.

scannersnstuff

I would love it if I could hear the Bellmawr barracks considering I work across from it and we see them flooring it onto route 42 all day long. Sometimes it's nice to know why there are 4 cruisers headed out with lights going. I've never owned a scanner but I have been looking at starting.

just as a public service. if you are seriously looking at a scanner to cover the njsp, make it a digital one. that's where they are heading. how long is anyones guess. some of the tg's will be encrypted.

ravenscroft

Premium Subscriber
just as a public service. if you are seriously looking at a scanner to cover the njsp, make it a digital one. that's where they are heading. how long is anyones guess. some of the tg's will be encrypted.

It would be a public service since we at the plant are the public and would like to know if they can't get home in a certain direction. If I were investing in a scanning system I would definitely get digital since that is the way everyone is going these days, but at the moment I can't afford any of the good ones. I am on a post Christmas spending freeze for a month or two.

ravenscroft

Premium Subscriber
I have one up for the turnpike south end. Sometimes it will cover the central and north areas when the band conditions are favorable. The problem with the state police is there is a lot of activity and to hear everything on one feed even for each troop you would need multiple feeds so you don't miss a lot of things. Busy channels need a dedicated feed which requires a radio per feed. Can get a little costly and complicated for the feed provider.

Hmm, interesting. Of course if I lived over in NJ I would assist you in adding another feed or two for more coverage.

Coolant113

Well for now i would just use my regular trunking scanner. However if they do change in the future i can swap it out for my digital handheld temporarily and then buy a 996 like i plan on. I wonder how much traffic i can really pick up from here in Mansfield. Not to busy of an area besides part of 80 and 78. But i am not familiar with how strong the system is and what i could pick up.

scannersnstuff

i just meant "as a public service" telling you that they were going digital,so that you would not waste your bucks on an analog scanner. coolant, you would at least be able to pickup troop b. they have a large simulcast site,with tower's all over the place. why not try throwing the system into one of your scanner's.

AC2OY

Wouldn't it be easier just to program in their trunked systems in?! I live in Belleville and I see hits down as far as Somerville and Hope. I don't think I hear Belmar that's probably to far from me.

rmosier

Mine covers Troop B (North simulcast) but I don't monitor B2-02 "Sussex", B2-03 "Warren", or B2-05 "South". It's too much and prevents what I'm really interested in which is Morris County. But if you're interested in B2-04 "EAST" (It covers route 80 between Netcong and Totowa) I cover it.along with the command groups that are used during any kind of "incident". I would be happy to unlock portions of their system by request, as long as it doesn't cause too much of a problem covering Morris County.

rsb8940

Feed Provider
For Central NJ, I plan to bring live two audio feeds in the next 2 weeks (have not applied or been approved yet by RR):

FEED 1:

Central Simulcast:

• Troop C Patrol Operations Talkgroups
    • Troop C Fleetwide
    • Hamilton Headquarters
    • 4-COMM Dispatch Central
  • Toll Road Patrol Operations Talkgroups
    • GSP Central
    • NJTP Central
    • Fleetwide
  • Statewide NJSP Operations Talkgroups
    • Aviation
    • EAS
    • SP Fleet
FEED 2:

Central Simulcast:

• EMS & Hospitals Talkgroups
    • All TGS
I would be using two Uniden BCT15X scanners for each feed. Just waiting on additional hardware to support streaming these 2 additional feeds. The monitored TGS are subject to change as my target area is the I-195 Corridor along with Central GSP/NJTP. Any feedback welcomed if any of these are not for this area or I am missing TGS (I am new to monitoring NJSP).

Reference New Jersey State Police Trunking System, Statewide, New Jersey - Scanner Frequencies for each specific TG would be included

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
If everyone wants I can host a state police feed with troop B tgs B2-02 SUSSEX B2-03 WARREN B2-05 SOUTH and any other tgs on troop B let me know your thoughts

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
I have tons of extra scanners laying around and about 6 computers. If someone wants to walk me through the process of hosting a feed, I would love to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.