Camden Co., NJ - County system to go live

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danny6569

Camden County

Do you know what cracks me up? we can spend 35 million dollars on a radio system but every county and including the state of n.j. claims there so broke!!! BS...There nothing but a rich bunch of liars...how will they make us pay this back by raising the already sky high taxes again??? Cant wait to move...

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Couldn't they have just moved onto the NJPSIC system like other northern counties have. The article also mentions Gloucester and Cumberland counties weighing their options. There seems to be plenty room on the exitsing state system to accomidate these counties that want to upgrade. Isn't that what it's there for? These systems can be expanded if needed at a much lower cost than building out entirely new systems for each county. Buy hey...this is New Jersey, what else would one expect.

ampulman

After reading this, this morning, I turned on my scanner at about 5:00 AM. Voorhees was still on VHF.

Just came home from the gym (about 10:00 AM) and Voorhees isn't being heard on VHF. I thought that since they planned to maintain their own police force, they would take back the dispatching function.

All I can say is thank goodness that Cherry Hill EDACS is still alive and well (not planning any scanner purchases in the near future..

Amp

Edit: I'm monitoring Camden County (P25) also, which appears to be full Phase II.

Last edited:

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Update:Voorhees police appear to be operating on TGID 301. It is running fulltime encryption and cannot be monitored. The only way I know what it is is by the radio ID. So this begs the question will the county encrencrypt all police comms?

rapidcharger

$35 million... That's exactly the amount of their 2010 budget deficit! Wow! Things must have really turned around for Camden.

It seems like just yesterday they were laying off hundreds of county workers and furloughing 750 more workers.

It's easy to understand why this radio system will lead to less lives being lost in the line of duty.... because there's less lives showing up to work to begin with! :lol:

In fairness, it's a bargain compared to new radio systems in other parts of the country, ringing in at only about $68 per person. Of course when you factor in the 10.5% unemployment rate, it's really about $76 per person which is pretty high.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind, more than 3/4 of the funding for these 700MHz systems came from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in the last stimulus package. This is all part of their "Coast-to-Coast Linkable" hairbrained idea.

camco911

Premium Subscriber
If you could private message me those freq's so I can load them on my PSR 800.

Thanks, Rich

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Keep in mind, more than 3/4 of the funding for these 700MHz systems came from the U.S. Department of Homeland Security in the last stimulus package. This is all part of their "Coast-to-Coast Linkable" hairbrained idea.

According to the article linked above..."The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act funds covered about $17 million, with the county using capital funding at low interest rates for about $15 million more, according to Camden County Freeholder Scott McCray."

No mention of homeland security.

Further information on the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act here:

The Recovery Act

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
According to the article linked above..."The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act funds covered about $17 million, with the county using capital funding at low interest rates for about $15 million more, according to Camden County Freeholder Scott McCray."

No mention of homeland security.

Further information on the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act here:

The Recovery Act

You are correct, they are not mentioned in the article. But that's who's involved.

camco911

Premium Subscriber
All police ch's (zones) will be that way on the system, as well as the hazmat ch's

Last edited:

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
My city and county went encrypted on all of their LE about 10 to 15 years ago. They only open up one RED channel and thats it. Completely locked down and never to be heard from again. All cities and counties will come up to speed sooner or later with adding encryption. It is as cheap as can be and Motorola is giving out for free....

Monoxide16

can the pro 106 pick up this new system when the other departments go online if they aren't encrypted and is Gloucester Twp going on or they staying on their P25 Frequency And also what about Camden City and Cherry Hill thank you 4 any info

Status
Not open for further replies.