Voorhees PD (Camden Co)

Status
Not open for further replies.

paul_c

Hello, is it my understanding that Voorhees PD is now on 700MHz and it is encrypted? (therefore even if I have a radio that can get this frequency--and I don't think my Pro-2096 will--I won't be able to listen?)

Thank you for any info

Paul

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
There is nothing that can monitor encryption. To be blunt without intending to be rude, your days of monitoring them are sadly over.

aslc

Premium Subscriber
Hello, is it my understanding that Voorhees PD is now on 700MHz and it is encrypted? (therefore even if I have a radio that can get this frequency--and I don't think my Pro-2096 will--I won't be able to listen?)

Thank you for any info

Paul

PD's that Camden County dispatches will be encrypted when the switch to the the new P25 radio system is complete later this year. Voorhees PD was the first to go onto the new system & can no longer be monitored. Cherry Hill, Gloucester Twp, Winslow, & Camden will continue to handle their own dispatching & will still be able to be monitored. All fire & EMS will switchover in April but their channels are not encrypted. The GRE PSR-800 is currently the only scanner available that can monitor Camden County's new system. Major changes

policefreak

Premium Subscriber
Judging by the weather tonght its a good possibility they're doing that because theyre receiving DTV interference on their regular TBand frequencies.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know what the frequency is for DPS-5? I heard zone 4 switch to that early this morning. Also anyone know if they will use these DPS channels after the switch to the new system?

aslc

Premium Subscriber
Is Patco Police going on this system also cause aren't the self dispatched

Camden County only dispatches for county municipalities and county agencies (Sheriff, Prosecutor, Park Police, etc). PATCO/DRPA not affiliated with Camden County. They can patch into the system though for mutual aid.

aslc

Premium Subscriber
oh ok cool thank you whats gonna happen with Camden City tho once it gets rid of the force and sorry 4 the questions

CamCo PD will be expanding to other towns after Camden City. I'd think they'd want their entire dept on the same system and would choose the newer one with better capabilities and county-wide reach.

fireradio44

I can only tell you that as of today, there are no plans.

Also, the only police talkgroup that has been created is Voorhees, and that's the only provision for PD operations at this point. Rollout of Fire/EMS is the priority for now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.