Stafford Township P.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Symore

Hello, I am not picking up Stafford P.D. in Manahwkin at 460.0500. Are they still using the same freq. or is there something wrong with my scanner.

Symore

Up until two days ago I was hearing them on 460.0500. They are still hitting there but I keep hearing a strange sound like it is some kind of interference and no voice. I hope my scanner is working ok.

Symore

This is strange because I have not messed with the freq. since I programmed it over a year ago. It is picking them up on .2750 but for the last two days it was showing .0500 and nothing coming over it except that noise. Thank you for the fast response Steve I will have wait and see if this happens again.

Symore

Steve I have a quick question for you, Do you know if O.C.J. is still using the same freq. since before they put the new wing on? I was able to hear them here in Manahawkin before but since the exspantion I can not pick them up. Thanks

Highpockets

This is strange because I have not messed with the freq. since I programmed it over a year ago. It is picking them up on .2750 but for the last two days it was showing .0500 and nothing coming over it except that noise. Thank you for the fast response Steve I will have wait and see if this happens again.

That noise may be when they use Ch 2 in digital mode or encrypting, if you have a digital scanner then I would guess encrypting. I don't monitor Stafford that much.

Last edited:

Highpockets

elmer504

Stafford P.D.new channel?

Apparently Stafford PD has been have interfearance issues on their main channel 460.275 and also on chan 2 460.050. They refer to these channels as Alpha and Bravo. Recently they have moved to a third channel which they refer to as Charlie.It is not 463.73750 which is listed as their TAC frequency,I am picking up what sounds to be a nursing home on that. Any help would be appreciated.

I believe 'Charlie' refers to the 'Alpha' frequency but with encryption. They were actively talking on 'Alpha' last night but with encryption.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

rwi_99

Stafford PD

It appears that Stafford has now moved to encryption 100% full time on .275

SCPD

QRT
Stafford Encryption

Keep listening, if Stafford has indeed switched to full time encryption on all their UHF frequencies, please make a submission so it can be changed in the DB.
Unfortunately, if true, another agency has gone "darK":mad:.

Thanks

Ken

SCPD

QRT
Stafford Township: Possible Reason

Watched a news item on news12.com (NJ News) last evening about this.

The aftermath of Sandy caused a lot of damage on Long Beach island. Out of the X amount homes damaged only a few have been reoccupied. There are still many vacant damaged homes. Thieves posed as contractors are entering or sneaking in to the vacant houses and are stealing the cooper plumbing. Hundred of thousands of dollars of cooper plumbing have been reported stolen. This may be the prime reason or excuse for encryption. These thieves may have been monitoring police activity.

ReddHead

I'd love to hear more. Just got a notification from someone that Stafford is going out over my feed scrambled. If so, I will have to wind up removing them. I don't listen to it very often so I never noticed.

Status
Not open for further replies.