NJSP Medevac Medical Control ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbineone

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone else noticed that medical control is not on the talkgroups anymore? They must be calling them in.

rr60

Premium Subscriber
HIPAA

I have noticed that.

iIt has been like that for sometime.

My guess is that it has to do with HIPAA privacy rules.

I supect that news organizations were getting to much information
this way.

Just a guess.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
There is a reason for this, and it isn't actually HIPPA. Under HIPPA, the transmission of PT information over radio for hospital alerting purposes is allowed, minus PT legal name. The main reason is that with the number of hospital based and private based helos participating now in the JEMSTAR program, they communicate medical notification via their own company/organizational frequencies.

However, you will still generally hear NorthSTAR and SouthSTAR on the appropriate medevac channel get a patch to state medical control at UMDNJ or Cooper (region depending) for trauma incidents. Medical incidents REMCS will usually just make a heads-up phone call unless the PT is likely. You will also generally get a quick abbreviated version of the situation over MICU Statewide if NorthSTAR or SouthSTAR happens to be the bird.

It's all still out there...just changed with the times. Also a helo is like any other aircraft...no cell phone use allowed in flight. Risk of interference with avionics.

Last edited:

dwrinn

Premium Subscriber
i
i was wondering if anyone could tell me what the fallowing state ems tg are used for
MICU State MICU Dispatch Network - Statewide EMS-Talk
MICU TAC 1 MICU Dispatch Network - Tactical 1 EMS-Tac
MICU TAC 2 MICU Dispatch Network - Tactical 2 EMS-Tac
TRAUMA Statewide Trauma Center Link

joedisp

Premium Subscriber
Starting sometime in July JEMSTAR Aircraft will be utilizing (new Talkgroups) MEDCOM1 & MEDCOM 2 for Medical Control. This is an effort to eliminate medical control traffic being carried over the dispatch channels.

joedisp

Premium Subscriber
NJSP 8X, they will also be adding a LZ Talkgroups air to ground NJSP 8X patch to 7X in southwest NJ to assist with moves to 7X systems in that area.

rsb8940

Feed Provider
i
i was wondering if anyone could tell me what the fallowing state ems tg are used for
MICU State MICU Dispatch Network - Statewide EMS-Talk
MICU TAC 1 MICU Dispatch Network - Tactical 1 EMS-Tac
MICU TAC 2 MICU Dispatch Network - Tactical 2 EMS-Tac
TRAUMA Statewide Trauma Center Link

MICU Dispatch Network - Statewide (MICU NET) is a dedicated TG for MICU Dispatch Center interagency communications across the state to be able to communicate with each other. Typically, on Saturday mornings, you will hear REMS perform a rollcall to each MICU dispatch center to test the TG/Radios. Occassional traffic can be heard which is typically an MICU Center and REMS communicating about On-Scene Medevac coordination or Medevac Interfacility notifications (Typically to LifeCOM - Capital Health Regional Medical Center for incoming Neuro patients with ETA's)

MICU TAC1/2 are tactical TG for MICU Agency communications during incidents that require the coordination of multiple MICU agency responses.

Statewide Trauma Center Link is a dedicated TG to every Trauma Center and Burn unit statewide. Typically, on Saturday mornings, you will hear REMS perform a roll call to each trauma center/burn unit to test the TG/Radios. Occasional traffic can be heard which is typically REMS notifying a Trauma Center/Burn Unit of an incoming MEDEVAC's ETA. During a large scale incident or MCI, this talk group could be used to obtain bed status availability by facility for both AIR and Ground medical responses, notifications of incoming patients and used in conjuntion with the MICU NET for interagency responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.