RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum

New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New Jersey.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-28-2013, 2:30 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

Default Hudson County Urban Search and Rescue Squad / REACT Division

Anyone know if these channles are ever used? If so by who? NJTF1 uses the State 800 system. Hudson County Urban Search and Rescue Squad / REACT Division
Sponsored links

Old 04-01-2013, 12:17 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcityfire View Post
Anyone know if these channles are ever used? If so by who?
I saw those today in the RR database. It looks like Team 6051 (in Union City) of the national volunteer group - Radio Emergency Associated Communications Teams Home | REACT International, Inc., who - for years - has always had an elaborate radio channel plan of their own - linked up with the outfit HCUSAR Squad and the Squad is using REACT's channel plan for their purposes. I suspect that the only way to figure out if they're used is to plug them in and listen.

Last edited by KC2zZe; 04-01-2013 at 12:21 PM..
Old 04-03-2013, 3:23 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

I haven't heard any chatter on those channels.
Old 04-03-2013, 4:55 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcityfire View Post
I haven't heard any chatter on those channels.
I have not monitored this group. About a year ago I received and read conflicting reports this group was inactive and or out of commission. In other words "a paper only listing" If anything there should have been activity at least during or after Sandy i.e. Hoboken Area. It remains to be seen if they even drill on any of their frequencies. If there is anything than can prove they don't exist. Then they will be removed from the DB. But not yet. For now keep listening.

Thanks,

Ken

Old 04-04-2013, 11:12 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNJ_OEM3298 View Post
If anything there should have been activity at least during or after Sandy i.e. Hoboken Area.
They were not involved at all in Hoboken, I can confirm that. I can not claim to have ever tried to listen to their channels but in any of my travels in Hudson County I have never actually seen or heard of the group short of the FCC listing and the frequency's showing up on here. My thought would be to remove their listings from the DB unless other people strongly object.

Alex
Sponsored links
Old 04-04-2013, 11:32 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Alex,

I consider any DB admin who has more area to cover than I as a " DB supervisor" especially in large population areas. You have admin rights for Conn, NY & NJ. I am "old school" if you have more to cover, the higher ups here at RR must know that you know your stuff. So if in your experience this group should be axed. Ax em!
Personally I think they are on paper only group. I had another group here in NJ with tons of licensed frequencies TRI-STATE EMERGENCY COMMUNICATIONS, INC. in the DB, For some of the same reasons and reliable sources. They were axed from the DB.

Thanks

Ken

Last edited by LYNJ_OEM3298; 04-04-2013 at 11:53 AM.. Reason: New info
Old 04-04-2013, 5:23 PM

HCUSAR

It sounds like they're nothing more than a buff group with a fancy name. I have never heard of them being "deployed" in the area, and their frequency listing looks pretty ambitious for such a small group of volunteers, that's for sure.

I've deleted the listings. If someone can prove that they not only exist on paper, but have actually been active and serve some purpose, then we can add confirmed frequencies back to the database as appropriate.
Old 04-04-2013, 6:03 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

That Hudson Co. Group was originally set up by a bunch psedo-buffs, and I believe one guy who was a "leader" of the group moved out of the area after being accused of some questionable behavior. They tried to get some type of "official" standing in the county and/or state, but failed at that endeavor. The showed up at some scenes, as if they had some type of official function, but were turned away more than once.

However, that web site linked above is marked "copyright 2013," so someone must have taken the initiative to access the site and, at least, update that.

Along other lines, I hear that there was a major shakeup of sorts in the real Hudson Co. OEM after a dismal Sandy performance.

Can anyone confirm and elaborate on that?
Old 04-04-2013, 6:45 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Hudson County Urban Search and Rescue Squad / REACT Division

HUSCAR

You axed em! Thanks Chris.

Ken

Sponsored links
Old 04-04-2013, 10:30 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

As others have said, I have never heard of this group, and I can confirm that I've never heard so much as a radio check on these frequencies.