Morris County Paid Fire Departments/Dispatch Centers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolant113

I am to curious to know what towns in Morris County have paid fire departments? Also, what towns still have there own Dispatch Centers that have not migrated to county yet?

F43F

No Morris County town has a completely paid dept. The ones with career staff are all combination depts.
Morristown has the largest staff followed by Morris Twp., Madison, Hanover Twp. Dist. 2 & 3, and Dover. Morristown, Dover and Madison staff their stations 24/7. Morris Twp has 2 stations 24/7, 3 stations daytime only. Hanover staffs both districts stations daytime only.
All are FMBA locals...43/243, 60, 70, 74, and 109.

Coolant113

For Morristown last i heard they only had 5 or 6 paid on a shift. I dont know for certain tho. But county dispatches 3 trucks out at a time during the day sometimes, so im assuming just 2 ride per truck on a call like that?

F43F

Morristown runs with 5 man minimum. 7 total per shift. 1 captain, 6 firefighters. There are 4 shifts and a Chief, Deputy, and Fire Marshal.

Coolant113

I dont understand how 5 per shift is even safe for Motown. Anyway, so what about the dispatch centers, how many are still independent. Mount Olive, and then a bunch on the other side of the county.

RocketNJ

Here's a list of towns NOT dispatched by the county.

Town of Boonton
Butler
Denville
E Hanover
Florham Park
Hanover
Jefferson
Kinnelon
Lincoln Park
Madison
Montville
Mount Olive
Parsippany
Pequannock
Riverdale
Rockaway Twp

Coolant113

Here's a list of towns NOT dispatched by the county.

Town of Boonton
Butler
Denville
E Hanover
Florham Park
Hanover
Jefferson
Kinnelon
Lincoln Park
Madison
Montville
Mount Olive
Parsippany
Pequannock
Riverdale
Rockaway Twp

Thank you. Exactly what i was looking for. Well done

squad1321

I work in Parsippany (live down in Monmouth) and I assumed Parsippany had a paid staff on duty...is this not the case? Rainbow Lakes Fire Co. looks like an all-volly company, but what about the other houses in the disctrict?

F43F

Parsippany is divided into 6 fire districts. None are career. Fire Prevention is handled by the town with full time personnel.

mark40

Premium Subscriber
The wild card

Another career, non-municipal entity is Picatinny Arsenal Fire Department. Minimum staffing is 9 firefighters, who are civilian Department of Army employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.