Jersey City Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

K2DNR

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Does anyone know what CH-2 is for JCFD. I know the 2 460MHz frequencies but apparently there is a channel 2. They have 472.175 licensed but I have yet to hear anything. JCFD refers to the 460MHz freq's. as CH-1 and CH-3.

Thanks,
Bob

jaymatt1978

Usually when that happens channel 2 is the same as channel 1 in SIMPLEX. It's like that on MOST FD like Newark, among others. I know Paramus FD constantly refers to Channel 1 (453.1500) and Channel 3 (453.375))

Last edited:

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Ch 2 AKA F/G 2 is 460-550
Ch 3 AKA F/G 3 is 460-600
Ch 4 is simplex for Ch 2
Ch 5 is simplex for Ch 3

That the only analog channels JCFD uses.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Ch 2 AKA F/G 2 is 460-550
Ch 3 AKA F/G 3 is 460-600
Ch 4 is simplex for Ch 2
Ch 5 is simplex for Ch 3

That the only analog channels JCFD uses.

472.175 is licensed to JCFD and is listed with a DPL 023, so how does that fit into the scheme of things? If they only use the 460 frequencies, why is the 472 frequency listed? :confused:

Let's get the database corrected if it's wrong. These are the current listings:

460.550 (192.8 PL) - Channel 1 Command Staff

460.600 (192.8 PL) - Channel 2 Dispatch and F/G

472.175 (023 DPL) - Fire Simplex 9

K2DNR

Banned
472.175 is licensed to JCFD and is listed with a DPL 023, so how does that fit into the scheme of things? If they only use the 460 frequencies, why is the 472 frequency listed? :confused:

Let's get the database corrected if it's wrong. These are the current listings:

460.550 (192.8 PL) - Channel 1 Command Staff

460.600 (192.8 PL) - Channel 2 Dispatch and F/G

472.175 (023 DPL) - Fire Simplex 9

It is licensed to them, and it is active (the license). If you remove it from the database and JCFD decides in the future to use it, then what? ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WPPC224 - JERSEY CITY, CITY OF

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It is licensed to them, and it is active (the license). If you remove it from the database and JCFD decides in the future to use it, then what? ULS License - Public Safety Pool, Conventional License - WPPC224 - JERSEY CITY, CITY OF

Calm down, I never said I was removing it. :roll:

I'm asking jcityfire what that frequency is used for, since he states that the only analog frequencies they use are the two 460's.

PS - Just because a frequency is licensed doesn't mean it's actually being used or should be listed in the database. There are a ton of frequencies that get licensed that never see the light of day. An active license means nothing when it comes to the RRDB. I'm not saying that's the case here, because obviously at some point someone heard JCFD on that frequency based on the report of a DPL being used, but it's something to keep in mind.

K2DNR

Banned
Calm down, I never said I was removing it. :roll:

I am quite calm.

I'm asking jcityfire what that frequency is used for, since he states that the only analog frequencies they use are the two 460's.

PS - Just because a frequency is licensed doesn't mean it's actually being used or should be listed in the database. There are a ton of frequencies that get licensed that never see the light of day. An active license means nothing when it comes to the RRDB. I'm not saying that's the case here, because obviously at some point someone heard JCFD on that frequency based on the report of a DPL being used, but it's something to keep in mind.

I'm very aware that just because a frequency is licensed doesn't mean it's being used. This isn't my first time on this website.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I'm very aware that just because a frequency is licensed doesn't mean it's being used. This isn't my first time on this website.

Yes, I'm well aware of your history of multiple accounts on this site.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It means this is not your first account on this site..."ems540", "dubenezic", etc. Creating a new account doesn't mean your history on the site is forgotten about, including infractions and temporary bans you've received in the past. You've got enough of a history of being a wisea** on this site yourself, so don't be so quick to get hostile or offended by me calling you out. You've got this new account now, you should probably lost the attitude so you can keep it. That is all, now get back to the topic of your thread.

K2DNR

Banned
It means this is not your first account on this site..."ems540", "dubenezic", etc. Creating a new account doesn't mean your history on the site is forgotten about, including infractions and temporary bans you've received in the past. You've got enough of a history of being a wisea** on this site yourself, so don't be so quick to get hostile or offended by me calling you out. You've got this new account now, you should probably lost the attitude so you can keep it. That is all, now get back to the topic of your thread.

I was never ems540. Get your facts straight. You're calling me out? Let some of the air out of your head. It's inflated. When you stop i'll stop, not the other way around.

svfd17

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.0.4; en-us; C5170 Build/IML77) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Wow.

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
472.1750 isn’t in any JCFD radio and they have just been all reprogrammed. 472.1750 may have been a data channel that was used for the MDS that were in use for a short period. If for some reason it is programmed in to the radios, I will ask for it to be added to the database if it’s removed.

jerseyheat

Premium Subscriber
Jersey City recently rebanded their radios. Channel 1 is now their digital trunk channel 1 (refer to FDJC digital trunk system.) Everything else has just been pushed back. Analog Dispatch is on Ch. 2 with units switching to ch. 3 on EMS runs.

shield5535

Sounds like they are doing extensive testing of new system from a 40 story high rise operating on talk group 2008 which was referred to as fireground 7 if this helps

RadioChief55

Feed Provider
Word has it that JCFD may try to go online with the P-25 system stating Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.