RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum

New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New Jersey.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-26-2013, 8:31 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Burlington Co TRS on PRO 197

After the previous discussion, I moved my antenna outside and added a pre-amp. Now I get the Pemberton CC with 90% here in Toms River. My PRO 197 is not tracking the system- and it used to. I added a bunch of talkgroups through the WIN 500 software and not sure what I did. I can hear the conversations when I go through the conventional channels, but it isn't tracking. Can someone provide the exact steps and settings for this to work, so I can go back and check. I only have the one site programmed, I do not need it to roam- not sure if that makes a difference. I also did not touch the base, step and offset- those are all programmed correctly as per the database. Thanks in advance- I know I screwed something up with the software.
Old 06-26-2013, 9:58 PM

Default Burlington Co TRS on PRO 197

Probably didn't screw anything up but may need to reduce the pre-amp gain. If you hold on the control channel , do you get a system ID and other talkgroup info or does it appear that the radio is still trying to decode the control channel? Although the signal is amplified and appears to be coming in well it may not be clean as a result of the pre-amp pulling in more than you bargained for.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:24 PM
Mid-MI DB Admin
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

RS/GRE radios due terrible on very strong signals with amps. Others I know have had better success out right removing the amp.
See amplifier for pro-197 & rs vhf-hi/uhf antenna
Old 06-27-2013, 7:53 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I got it- I went back and saw that I left the hi and low channels out of the tables. It was in there, but somehow got deleted when I reprogrammed it. I noticed the pre-amp does amplifiy a radio station sometimes, but as long as I use the tones on the scanners that have that feature it is fine. Now I can finally listen to Burlington. I am still amazed at how big of a difference moving the antenna from the high attic to outside on the deck made!