RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum

New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New Jersey.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-08-2013, 5:41 PM

Default Royal Communications

Prominent N.J. business owner among 7 arrested as suburban heroin ring is busted | NJ.com

NJ.com has a story involving royal communications in wharton
Sponsored links
Old 08-09-2013, 9:57 PM

Thumbs down Sad...

Sad to see the NJ dealer who holds at least part of the NJ state contract for Motorola, dealing with police agencies and school systems, is a part of the drug arrests. Talk about irony....

----

"Davieau, aside from owning the River Styx Grill with his wife Sandy, owns the Wharton-based company Royal Communications that provided communication needs to law enforcement agencies all over the state, the prosecutor's office said. He is accused of using both businesses as distribution points.

Davieau is facing 90 counts of 13 charges ranging from second-degree distribution of heroin within 500 feet of a public park to lesser possession charges. He allegedly imported 1,900 folds of heroin."

----

Another version of the article in the Herald: New Jersey Herald: Heroin bust nabs River Styx Grill owner, 6 others
Old 08-10-2013, 3:31 PM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider

It says was a owner, is he the sole owner of Royal or is there multiple people who own it? i saw today they are going to seize the restaurant, however it didnt say if they were going to seize Royal
Old 08-10-2013, 4:41 PM

I thought I heard Royal was actually listed in his Mom's name to make it a minority owned business (woman).
Old 02-23-2014, 1:21 PM

Default Name Change

Looks like they changed their name but are using the same address/telephone number. Don't know how Motorola is not pulling their dealer status. Must be the $$$ they bring in (NJ State Contract). Last I heard the brother is now taking over...

Northeast Communications Inc (formally Royal Communications)
Motorola Two Way Radio Dealer Northern New Jersey Northeast Communications

They have registered a new business entity (0101029074) so its not just a name change, I guess that's how they can slide by.
Sponsored links
Old 02-23-2014, 1:38 PM

Last year the name was changed,sometime in the fourth quarter.