Ocean County Fire Dispatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salvation

Did Ocean County make a change to their dispatch? I noticed that 508.1875 had been a little quiet and then my local FD sirens went off without me hearing anything being dispatched. I checked my scanners and both seem to be working without issue. So my only conclusion is either I am getting a very weak signal (which I live about 300 yards from their Tuckerton tower) or they switched frequencies.

ScanMan055

Premium Subscriber
I heard Ocean County dispatch a squad into Lacy Township about 20 minutes ago for a medical emergency on that channel. If you are still having problems I would check the antenna, and various settings in case something happened to them.

Salvation

I heard Ocean County dispatch a squad into Lacy Township about 20 minutes ago for a medical emergency on that channel. If you are still having problems I would check the antenna, and various settings in case something happened to them.

I am getting EMS dispatch on 155.205 which I am hearing traffic on with no problems. I know some squads use the FD dispatch as well but I haven't heard anything on there at all. I have two scanners using different antennas and neither are picking it up. I wonder if the Tuckerton tower is having an issue. I will have to lower my squelch after work and see if I pick anything up in the distance.

ScanMan055

Premium Subscriber
I am actually located near Cookstown so I would be primarily receiving from the New Egypt tower. I was just trying to help. The Tuckerton tower may be down or having issues as you said. It was on the UHF Fire Dispatch channel that I heard the dispatch. Which has me leaning towards the tower site being the issue.

Last edited:

DJ88

I'm not learned enough to know how a system works with multiple towers, but if there is a problem with the Tuckerton tower, I would think you would be getting it off of the Barnegat Tower, which has a power output of 90 watts and a maximum ERP of 200 watts.

elias1988

Feed Provider
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 7_0_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/537.51.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.0 Mobile/11B511 Safari/9537.53)

Keep an eye out on the Tuckerton tower to see if any new antennas are put up for 700 MHz.Work is set to begin on or about November 1st on the Toms River tower,a contract was awarded to this contractor on October 2nd:
http://www.raiservices.com

Status
Not open for further replies.