MICCOM Trbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
This is gonna be a dumb question but I can't find it in the database. Probably looking past it despite searching. What are the MICCOM Trbo frequencies for ALS Dispatch in Morris County and for Hackensack-1 "company" ops.

Fizz306

Premium Subscriber
I did some searching around today and couldn't find a damn thing. looked at the rr databases for different counties, the forum threads that had something in them regarding miccom, and any external links I have that were relevant. even a google search turned up nothing. I'd be interested simply because I have dsd working in good order for dmr on my computer finally.

AlexC

Database Admin
I'm pretty sure that they are using trbo repeaters that are under the license of one of HackUMC's sister hospitals. They also could be on the large trbo trunked network which seems to be where most of the commercial / transport companies hang out these days.

I haven't been in the area for a while, so this might be rehashing common knowledge, but I came up maybe 4 years ago to pick up a vehicle I bought for my daughter. Had a scanner with me and it seems MICCOM was still really heavy on 155.175 at the time. Then, I came up maybe a year and a half ago and I went back home and didn't hear any traffic on 175 (granted I wasn't trying very hard and spent most of my time oo'ing over Fort Lee's new system).

So, are their entire operations shifted to TRBO or just the BLS fleet?

jaymatt1978

As of five minutes I heard dispatching on 155.1750. I will pay more attention if I hear less traffic on there in the future

AlexC

Database Admin
They use the Trbo for the inter-facility stuff and other related services. I don't think they are going to go away from their VHF or other infrastructure anytime soon.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I believe Miccom is encrypted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

There seems to be some serious confusion. Unless they switched back very VERY recently, all the St. Clares units in Morris County are dispatched on TRBO by MICCOM. Unencrypted. Have been since January 2011.

So does anyone have the frequency?

(Hackensack-1 primary communications between crews/helo and MICCOM are TRBO. Got that frequency finally from a contact.)

Fizz306

Premium Subscriber
if found as well, there is no reason why these shouldn't be listed in the database. I'm surprised they aren't there already.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
If we can find the frequency that covers my area, I will setup a live feed just for it once I get the decoding working.

Thank you!

Really interesting stuff. Looks like they are all on top of the hospitals and have a 20 mile area of operation around them. I suppose it's possible for them to program all of the repeaters and use MotoTRBO's roaming feature to use the closest hospital site regardless of where they are.

This is kind of a throwback to the Englewood Hospital days where EH had a consolette on 155.175 that transmitted every time the ALS 4 or ALS 5 (it was THAT long ago) page went out. The license was in the name of EH instead of MICCOM or Hackensack Hospital (it was REALLY that long ago). Thing is that postures St. Claires as the license holder to do whatever with THEIR infrastructure and spectrum... even dispatch if they could make the business case.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I'm not sure any of the sites listed would be able to make it into Warren County. I will plug them in and see if I hear anything.

I'm not sure any of the sites listed would be able to make it into Warren County. I will plug them in and see if I hear anything.
Your closest site would be Location 3 in Dover. Thing is these are all licensed at 50 feet and 30 W ERP. Using those parameters, there would probably be no reliable signal in Warren County. Their mobile areas of operation are way bigger than the footprints of each of the repeaters are. Maybe if you had a yagi.

chiefjohnson

Warren

They have a site in Oxford NJ, Sussex as well as Randolph, ST Claire's Denville, Hackettstown Med Center, West Orange, Dover Hospital an some southern towers being added soon. They lease a private system from Spectrum Communications in Roxbury NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.