Human Resources??

Status
Not open for further replies.

ampulman

Went into my local pizza shop. There were a couple of uniformed officers waiting in line. They had no shoulder patches, so I kind of positioned myself, so I could see their badges.

They did not have a badge, but rather their blouse had an imprint which stated, 'human resources'.

I asked one if this was a state organization--he acknowledged that it was. Both were armed and had all of the usual paraphernalia that a patrol officer would carry.

I usually think of human resources as being off in some office, rather than packing a weapon.

Anyone have any information exactly what this 'organization' is? There was no identifiable police vehicle outside the store.

Amp

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
I'm not in New Jersey, but we have the same terminology used out here. Human Services is the county group that handles Child Protective Services. Out here they don't have their own officers, they use Sheriff Deputies if they need someone.

Rescueman_3

The Human Services Police patrol the grounds/buildings and surrounding streets of NJ State psychiatric hospitals, ex Ancora State Hospital in Winslow Twp and New Lisbon in Burlington county. The officers have full police powers including traffic duties.

As a side note some of the hospitals have their own FD Ancore is station 261 and dispatched by Camden County. EMS is provided by Winslow Twp. New Lisbon has no fire department, fire duties are handled by Woodland Twp but they have their own EMS and I believe the number is station 297.

w2xq

Mentor
Wirelessly posted (Moto Droid Bionic: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; DROID BIONIC Build/9.8.2O-72_VZW-22) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

NJ Human Services PD primarily service the state developmental centers and psychiatric hospitals. (In the last century my work took me to 50 state facilities in 20 counties...)

Status
Not open for further replies.