Paramus PD

Status
Not open for further replies.

jvdet

How long will it take for them to move completely over to MotoTurbo; so I reprogram them out of scanner?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you tap your scanner, or get a used one and tap that, and use DSD or DSD+, you'll still hear them. But installing DSD is not a trivial exercise - it does take a bit of work, from what I've seen. We don't have too much TRBO here in Maryland - yet

Paramus is my old stomping grounds (originally from Waldwick, for those that know the area...)

Mike

onsceno

Promise you, Paramus is not going to MotoTRBO. They need to worry about that Westchester entity slamming them on the digital side first.

jvdet

So the FD & PD were license on a whim? That the radio vendor did it for free? in the hopes they would, so if its not Mototrb and instead P25, so they again need to modify the license at $$

onsceno

Their dealer is Goosetown who has a HUGE MotoTRBO presence in the tri-state area. In all reality, that is one possibility. The other is the guy in charge of licensing didn't know what he was doing (cough, cough).

Additionally, they just spent thousands of dollars upgrading their CDM's to XTL's and PM's.

jaymatt1978

What I think is happening is Goosetown handles EVERYTHING radio sales, repair and licensing, which is key here. When Goosetown renews the license they're just selecting all available emissions, meaning analog, digital (P25, MotoTrbo (hey I finally got it right ), etc.), literally every possible legal emission. That doesn't mean Paramus is USING all those emissions, they might not even HAVE radios yet or might never plan to buy them. However if and when they do Goosetown doesn't have to modify the license for the new emission, they just hand Paramus the new radios and they're ready for action. You'll see it on grandfathered business licenses too five emission codes

Last edited:

radioman2001

New York North Carolina and all points in between
Adding additional emissions to a public safety license costs nothing. All you have to do is go into the license with you FRN access and add. We paid to have some of our licenses updated to add IDAS, but after finding out it was no charge we added N.B. P-25, Mototrbo and IDAS all at once ourselves. Gotta love the AAR charge for something that's free.
BTW on a commercial license it cost $240.00 for FCC filing. No co-ordination required.

Status
Not open for further replies.