RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum

New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New Jersey.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-27-2014, 10:04 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Atlantic County EDACs system

I brought in to work my older Uniden scanner to monitor a local service for transmissions that in the past have cause severe RFI problems to our comm system. I decided to program in the local towns into the scanner also to monitor them for RFI caused by the same source.

I programed in Galloway Twp, Egg Harbor Twp, Absecon and Hamilton Twp. Atlantic County EDACs system, Atlantic County Trunking System, Mays Landing, New Jersey - Scanner Frequencies . I used ARC250 Pro to get the frequencies and talk groups from the Radio Reference database. The only thing thing I am able to receive is the Atlantic County corrections in Mays Landing/EHT.

Have these communities changed something that is different from the RR database?
Sponsored links
Old 02-27-2014, 10:53 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Arrow

Most of those agencies use ProVoice Digital (not monitorable on a commercial scanner), which you will need either a properly programmed ProVoice capable radio, or use DSD (Digital Speech Decoder) as described in the Wiki, to monitor the activity.
Old 02-27-2014, 2:33 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM View Post
Most of those agencies use ProVoice Digital (not monitorable on a commercial scanner), which you will need either a properly programmed ProVoice capable radio, or use DSD (Digital Speech Decoder) as described in the Wiki, to monitor the activity.
GM, Thanks for the info. I was able to copy Galloway Twp EMS but that was it. OH Well thought I would try.

Again thanks.
Old 02-27-2014, 3:12 PM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; LG-LS720 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

Yea that system is usually pretty quiet. And different sites carry different traffic. I think the EHT site gives you the most but I dont know if thats relevant to what youre doing.
Old 03-11-2014, 9:31 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

i thought i heard a while back in some other thread that Ocean City PD was suppose to get off that system.
Sponsored links