RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum

New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New Jersey.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 11:59 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Thanks for the info guys, all changes have been updated in the database. Keep up the great work down there... I miss living in New Jersey sometimes; but certainly not the taxes and stupid laws of the state...

By the way, for what it's worth, rumor has it that Salem County will be the next 700 MHz. Project-25 Phase II system in the state; I guess only time will tell, but it makes since that they are freeing up all that site equipment space by moving users off to a conventional system for the time being.

I only own REAL radios (i.e. Motorola, ICOM, and Kenwood); I'll never have any cheap Chinese knockoffs! Yes, that means you Baofang, Wouxun, CSI...
Sponsored links
Old 03-14-2014, 4:02 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Seems like 501.7375 is being used as west Pd ch 2. Have been hearing 4 and 5 cars to station using this for the last couple hours.
Old 03-14-2014, 4:37 PM
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyloatman View Post
Seems like 501.7375 is being used as west Pd ch 2. Have been hearing 4 and 5 cars to station using this for the last couple hours.
Any PL tone information as well?

I only own REAL radios (i.e. Motorola, ICOM, and Kenwood); I'll never have any cheap Chinese knockoffs! Yes, that means you Baofang, Wouxun, CSI...
Old 03-14-2014, 7:22 PM

Would it be safe to say that one of the three unidentified use frequencies would go to county public works? So far from reading this thread that is the only group from the TRS that doesn't have a conventional assignment determined.
Victory5318@gmail.com
Old 03-15-2014, 5:11 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

501.7375 being PD West Ch 2 would make sense. Going from what I had heard, the police were supposed to be getting a primary and secondary channel. I would kind of doubt that PD East will get a channel 2 though. They only ever used 1 channel on the trunked system, and between the two towns, never really had heavy radio traffic.

PL on 501.7375 will be 146.2 as well. I'll give a listen this morning to confirm and submit that to the DB as well.

On public works, I'm not sure, but if I remember correctly they were supposed to be getting a channel. Honestly a bit supprised by this as the only public works I have ever seen active on the trunked system over the last few years was Mannington Township, and that was only ever during snow events when they were coordinating plowing efforts.

I believe Fire Police are supposed to be getting their own channel. There was discussion that there may be a secondary operating/ on scene channel for each of the 3 fire districts as well. By my count for what they have licensed, taking into account PD West Channel 2, they have 3 frequencies left for assignment. I'm sure we'll find out in due time.

Ryan

Last edited by ayaresr; 03-15-2014 at 5:14 AM.. Reason: typo
Sponsored links
Old 03-15-2014, 12:52 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

After listening all day and last night, it seems like all west PD operations are on 501.7375. I have not heard anything on 501.1625 in almost 24 hours.
Old 03-15-2014, 3:12 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Seeing the same thing here today with regard to all PD West comms being on 501.7375. As stated, 1625 seems silent today. Looks like I might have to toss 1625 back into the mystery pool.
Old 03-16-2014, 7:05 PM

I'm picking up FD-1 from Northeast Philadelphia. Not bad!
Old 03-16-2014, 8:12 PM

I hope it's better then Gloucester County's conventional system.
GRE PSR 500, PSR 600 (x3), PSR 800 (x2) http://facebook.com/​rich.moulder
Sponsored links
Old 03-19-2014, 5:54 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

501.1625 is back up after a day of radio test. 11 car just ended a 10 minute pursuit, all details were on that channel. Not sure if it's back to west dispatch or west ch 2.
Old 03-19-2014, 6:01 PM
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyloatman View Post
501.1625 is back up after a day of radio test. 11 car just ended a 10 minute pursuit, all details were on that channel. Not sure if it's back to west dispatch or west ch 2.
I put it back in the database for now as "West PD ?" unknown assignment; when you guys figure out the channel plan, just send in a submission and we'll clean things up, but at least it's there so others are aware.

Regards,

Jerry

Old 03-19-2014, 7:14 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Seems 501.1625 is being used as the primary channel again for PD West. They were doing testing on it yesterday and today. Just after the pursuit, one of the radio techs was asking the county to give him a test count "either on 2 or on east." Based on that, I am thinking 7375 will become PD West Ch 2. Time will tell.

It seems from the techs' discussions last night they are still trying to get the repeaters dialed in, as they were mentioning some that had not been reprogrammed and some that they were over driving on the input side.

During the fire in Alloway Saturday night, and yesterday with some of the Carney's Point police and ems units, they seem to be having coverage problems. I don't know if they have all of the sites up yet, and as I mentioned above, they are still tweaking things daily. Command during the Alloway fire asked the county if they could switch to another console or something because he couldn't understand them. Yesterday, on two separate occasions a unit called the county, the county answered, but the unit never heard them. I could hear both sides at my location. Hopefully they get this all worked out, I know a big part of this project was to improve coverage.
Old 03-21-2014, 9:26 AM

Seeing in the database East Police Zone changed to 501.4625 from 501.7625. Is this the case?
Victory5318@gmail.com
Old 03-21-2014, 10:15 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 4.1.2; en-us; LG-LS720 Build/JZO54K) AppleWebKit/534.30 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/534.30)

AFAIK that should be correct. I was down there earlier this week hearing Woodstown Police on 501.7625.
Old 03-21-2014, 3:11 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Looks like lots of new frequencies added to the DB under another license. That license also includes 460.5875, which I don't see listed.
Sponsored links