Jackson Township Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

elias1988

Feed Provider
All fire departments are now utilizing Fire Operations 1 TG on the Jackson TRS with communications still with Ocean County.

elias1988

Feed Provider
Seems like FD has switched back to the township TRS,I'm currently hearing station 54 units on Fire Operations 1.

DJ88

Anyone know what they're using for response/fireground now? All four companies were dispatched this morning for brush trucks mutual aid to Freehold for a structure fire and not a peep on OCPS6, the TRS, or either of their Tac channels.

ErikAtTheW

Jackson Ops

Any update on this?

I'm still trying to figure out what system Jackson is operating on.
I have the Jackson trunk system as well as the Ocean County system programmed (hopefully correctly) but I am not hearing any apparatus after dispatch.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Erik

elias1988

Feed Provider
They operate on the Jackson Township trunked system and are digital,if I remember correctly didn't you message me on Facebook about this? You gave me the scanner model you're using as BC 780xlt which doesn't do digital so that's why you're not picking up fire operations after dispatch.

ErikAtTheW

They operate on the Jackson Township trunked system and are digital,if I remember correctly didn't you message me on Facebook about this? You gave me the scanner model you're using as BC 780xlt which doesn't do digital so that's why you're not picking up fire operations after dispatch.

Yes, that was me.

I replaced the 780xlt with a BCD996XT.

ErikAtTheW

I'm hearing Ocean County on 508.1875 which is in the RR Database as OC Fire/EMS Dispatch, but I hear nothing on the Trunk system for Jackson.
I have it programmed as a P25 Standard (Digital XT) Site Type, I have the 6 Trunk Frequencies in, I have all of the Fire Ops TGIDs programmed and I'm using Free Scan to program it.

I can pick up the Ocean County Trunk system, the Joint Base system, the new Mercer Trunk system, NJSP no problem, just no Jackson.

Highpockets

I'm hearing Ocean County on 508.1875 which is in the RR Database as OC Fire/EMS Dispatch, but I hear nothing on the Trunk system for Jackson.
I have it programmed as a P25 Standard (Digital XT) Site Type, I have the 6 Trunk Frequencies in, I have all of the Fire Ops TGIDs programmed and I'm using Free Scan to program it.

I can pick up the Ocean County Trunk system, the Joint Base system, the new Mercer Trunk system, NJSP no problem, just no Jackson.

Try setting it up as a Mot Type II/P25 and use the band plan that is in the database.

ErikAtTheW

Try setting it up as a Mot Type II/P25 and use the band plan that is in the database.

I have no data in the APCO Band Plan table, is this correct? Or is this what you are suggesting I enter? Just trying to be clear.

The software will not let me enter APCO Band Plan Data if I set it to Mot TypeII/P25

Last edited:

Highpockets

I just programmed it as yours is set up. Waiting to see what happens!

Thank you

I haven't used my 996 for a long time, it might not work, I just looked at that file and it looks like I have the audio set to analog and it should be digital, let me fool with it and see if I can hear Jackson today.

Sorry, I should have checked out that file first. I use my GRE600 most of the time.

ErikAtTheW

Well it looks like I have it working now. Your System Band Plan had 507.000 as the second Lower Freq number, it should have been 507.400.

Status
Not open for further replies.