Old Bridge TRS upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

cash082

Premium Subscriber
5 Encryption
A. The consoles and the subscribers units shall be equipped to handle the latest AES or
non-proprietary encryption standard supported by P25 standards. These standards will
be required for operation.

B. Encryption shall include the capability for over the air rekeying (OTAR) of mobile and
portable radios.
C. All voice channels on the network shall be capable of end-to-end encryption from a
dispatch console to a mobile or portable radio and from one mobile or portable radio to
another mobile or portable radio.
D. Operation in encrypted voice mode shall be transparent to users, except that an icon or
some other indicator on the mobile or portable radio and at the console shall indicate
such operation.
E. OLD BRIDGE requires multiple encryption keys for a variety of uses. Keys shall become
the sole property of the TOWNSHIP following the initial deployment of equipment. The
PROPOSER shall provide at a minimum of two key loaders with keys preloaded.
PROPOSER will provide necessary administrative training on how to change and load
keys as necessary

racescan_fan

I think I should have asked my question as, How much encryption will there on the system? ex: PD, FD,EMS, and township services.

cash082

Premium Subscriber
At this point we will have to wait to see. In quickly reading this it looks like a P25 Phase 1 system RFP.They want to go Phase 2 within 5 years.
I'll try to read through it better tonight in my free time.

Septa3371CSX1

I read this yesterday and from what I can tell, all utility grade services (public works, board of education, etc) will not have encryption capability but all public safety radios will be capable of encryption.

racescan_fan

Currently the police do have the ability to use a secure mode on there radios like this from Gloucester Twp. PD http://www.w2sjw.com/sounds/DVP XL.mp3 the only difference is you just here dead air. Also adding the board of education to the TRS I think is long overdue even if it is just the high school. That move would be logical since they are currently using a t-band frequency.

robertpearsall

Premium Subscriber
I beleave they are going digital they were taking bids for a new system early this year maybe GM will chime if if he has any updates

Analogrules

Have they already switched frequencies? I went through the area today with the 800 motorola trunked system programmed into my scanner (the one in the rr db) and didn't hear a thing. My signal bar didn't even indicate an active system was present.

GM

Premium Subscriber
The frequencies won't change, just the system type I was told by an inside source. However, it will be a while yet before the switch-over due to some technical issues with constructing one of the towers. And the current Smartnet system is still active, as I'm hearing them now. Their signal coverage isn't that far out which is why a good majority of listeners have trouble monitoring the TRS.

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
They were operating on the ProVoice system under Police Mutual Aid 1, but that was a few weeks ago. However like GM said they are still using their SmartNet system.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Had a chance to talk to my contact with Old Bridge Township. It was stated to me that Old Bridge plans to go live with the P25 TRS sometime in the early Summer of 2016. Equipment has been purchased, and from my understanding, the EMS and Fire Depts. already have them in possession. More info to be passed along as it comes in...

johnls7424

Premium Subscriber
Had a chance to talk to my contact with Old Bridge Township. It was stated to me that Old Bridge plans to go live with the P25 TRS sometime in the early Summer of 2016. Equipment has been purchased, and from my understanding, the EMS and Fire Depts. already have them in possession. More info to be passed along as it comes in...

Now when you say P25. Are they building out their own in Phase 1 or 2? Also what radios do you know or suspect they will be using? Which vendor that is..

Status
Not open for further replies.