RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum

New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New Jersey.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-11-2014, 4:53 PM

Lightbulb

yes mc fire-5 is now a repeater. i put a question mark,because i was told it will stay repeated if the issues are worked out. it sounds pretty good now. although i'm not totally sure, i believe west long branch fd,dist-53 is now using it too. i was also told that different parts of the county that use the county channels,may get split up into <ie> north/south/west/east fireground fq's. again, unconfirmed. i'm throwing it out there.
Old 08-12-2014, 5:49 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

If MC fire 5 is a repeater I should hear both sides of the conversation then. Guess I should listen better for it. Long Branch mainly uses MC fire 5? I'm I right about this?
Old 08-12-2014, 8:21 PM

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynamitesc03 View Post
If MC fire 5 is a repeater I should hear both sides of the conversation then. Guess I should listen better for it. Long Branch mainly uses MC fire 5? I'm I right about this?

you ain't crazy. apparently they are using it semi duplex <?> style. i hear the mobiles and portables fine on 151.310. county uses the 154.265 side. don't know why this is. i now have to listen to 2 frequencies, to get 1 conversation. oy.
Old 08-13-2014, 6:18 PM

Angry

i take back what i said about fire-1 and fire-5 sounding better. last night during the storm, they were both horrible !. the lbfd career guys had a tough time talking to county, and each other. i'm not sure, but i do believe that during the multiple fire calls thru the night, that sometimes the pagers did not activate.

Last edited by pdfdems286; 08-13-2014 at 7:08 PM..
Old 08-14-2014, 6:20 PM

Sounds like the techs were testing/tweaking the simulcast on Fire 1 this morning. Hope they can get it squared away soon.

I have not been listening to 151.310, but it sounds like County may be using their newer technology by "patching" Fire 5 into 151.310, which would re-broadcasting the signals out. Not sure what purpose that serves, if all field units are on Fire 5 (simplex)?
Sponsored links
Old 08-14-2014, 6:46 PM

Unhappy

yup, u r correct. testing on ems-1 today also, with the shrill long tone. a call just went out for district - 53 , west long branch fd. fire-1 sounded horrible. same for tone out for 17-21, highlands ems.
Old 09-17-2014, 1:30 PM

Did we ever figure out the reason why Fire 5 (field units) is being patched into and retransmitted over the old parks channel? Did the entire LBFD get their radios reprogrammed with the parks channel as a receive channel only?