161.370 is NOT Deprecated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

I am not sure who is submitting false info into the rr database, however NJ Transit PD at Newark Penn actively uses 161.370 as their main dispatch channel. The frequency is in active use and is not deprecated as mentioned in the db. Although it is a weaker frequency, I can still hear them from Roselle Park NJ.

kma371

QRT
I am not sure who is submitting false info into the rr database, however NJ Transit PD at Newark Penn actively uses 161.370 as their main dispatch channel. The frequency is in active use and is not deprecated as mentioned in the db. Although it is a weaker frequency, I can still hear them from Roselle Park NJ.

Then please make a submission to correct the information.

Monoxide16

I heard traffic on that frequency last night and today just heard traffic on the NJSP trunk system for the transit PD talk groups on the North Patrol talk group the officer said having trouble with these radios wow transit PD don't know what to use the old analog frequency's work just fine!

Analogrules

I will try to submit the "correction" to the db right now and hope someone can change it. But, just a reminder to everyone to NOT submit anymore frequencies to the db as "Deprecated" unless the fcc license has completely expired for at least a year without renewal.

jaymatt1978

I think I know what's happening. First of all I notice a real decrease in traffic on 160.830 so something has definitely changed! Secondly the VHF system should have been LABELLED backup to trunked system NOT deprecated. They're using the trunked system on the road

Sybex7254

Yep, still being used. Heard traffic on is today as I drove home from Jersey City along Rt. 280. Some sort of protest taking place near Penn Station and Transit PD were assisting Newark with traffic control.

Status
Not open for further replies.