New Monmouth County Fire & EMS VHF Plan

Status
Not open for further replies.

ob123

Premium Subscriber
Any word on how this is gonna work as far as fire and EMS response plans? For example, is fire and EMS going to respond on their response channel or is the response channel only for Fire and EMS will use that "EMS Countywide"?

DJ88

Pardon my stupidity but with repeaters, which frequency do we program into our scanners, RX or TX? I always use the "input" and "output" but I don't k now which one is RX and which one is TX.
Thanks

Highpockets

I wonder what will happen to or will they still use MC Fire 1 to MC Fire17, and the same with EMS 1 to 6? Maybe some of those may become the new channels 10 to 16.

squad1321

I wonder what will happen to or will they still use MC Fire 1 to MC Fire17, and the same with EMS 1 to 6? Maybe some of those may become the new channels 10 to 16.

All the former designations go away. In the chart, you'll see the newly named designations/channel labels. County reallocated all their former PD/FIRE/EMS/Parks VHF frequencies to this new plan. Channels 10-16 would be for your non-County dispatched FD/EMS, local and inter-ops channels.

Interesting that they used their old "repeated" channels for Response channels (County Car, SCAT Bus, Parks)

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
Well this is going to be interesting.... Does anybody know if Fair Haven (fire 11), Tinton Falls (fire 8), Brielle (Fire 9) are loosing their county firegrounds and conforming to the new layout. Have a few questions...

Tech792

Well this is going to be interesting.... Does anybody know if Fair Haven (fire 11), Tinton Falls (fire 8), Brielle (Fire 9) are loosing their county firegrounds and conforming to the new layout. Have a few questions...

Those aren't county fire grounds (8, 9 & 11). They are licensed to each of those towns. The way it was explained to me.....if you go over to your "local" fire channel, you're on your own. County will no longer monitor or communicate with you. Only on the appropriate county channel.

squad1321

Those aren't county fire grounds (8, 9 & 11). They are licensed to each of those towns. The way it was explained to me.....if you go over to your "local" fire channel, you're on your own. County will no longer monitor or communicate with you. Only on the appropriate county channel.

+1

Command may need two radios - one for speaking to field units (on the "local" channel) and one for speaking with County, probably on the FG2 or FG3 channels (the old Fire 2 &3). We'll see what the procedures say...

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
New Monmouth Co FD/EMS Plan

Well folks...here it is, effective May 1, 2015:

OK I got this and will work on it. May 1st is the effective date so I have a little time to work with this. Will add to RR DB on or about the week of April 30 2015.

Thanks
Max:cool:

Tech69T3

Premium Subscriber
Yes fire and ems will respond on the response channel in each zone

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
We have to remember that any local channel or any channel not monitored by county is a hazard. The local channels are not recorded. County will also not be monitoring god forbid of any mayday situation or any urgent message that needs to be rebroadcasted

Tech69T3

Premium Subscriber
Response channels are only going to be used to call in service and to request any other units. Things are still being worked out,

Status
Not open for further replies.