little puzzled , new njsp ID?

Status
Not open for further replies.

happydriver

I currently have the south simulcast freqs for NJ state police Troop A. Today ID 57616 came across for the first time. I saved for future identification and could not find a tag. I finally found something under troop c for interagency police. When I listened longer I realized that its Vineland PD channel 1 (which also has a trunked system). Is this for the state police monitoring of Vineland? Do these tags exist for all local departments? Little Help, I'm a little confused by this.

BigOldCar

That's weird, because I noticed this afternoon driving home that the Vineland system was off the air; I couldn't find a control channel anywhere!

I've just started scanning the NJSP freqs (which I have on a separate bank) to see if I pick up Vineland on the NJSP 800 system.

Vineland was working this morning, I was listening to all the reports of car accidents on the ice. I wonder if the Vineland system went down and this is a backup?

happydriver

I guess that would make sense. Tonight I will check on NJSP system and see if I can still hear VPD.

csmith00

Feed Provider
Did anyone find TG used by fire during this outage. Monday evening I could here county dispatching EMS instead of VPD doing it. But I have not heard fire.

I had the NJSP TG in my scanner as a interagency fire TG. But traffic is Vineland PD. 57648 and 57680 have been silent. I had those as interagencypd and inter agency ems.

BigOldCar

They seemed to be using the old VHF frequencies from what I could tell. I also heard a radio check where they identified themselves as on Fire 4, but I had it tagged as Fire 5. Don't know if they were wrong or if I was.

nosoup4u

Feed Provider
I was hearing Cumberland County on Statecom 8 last night. Looks like they were using some NJSP loaner radios.

BigOldCar

The article also suggests they're using pagers for the FD. If bet the PD is using their in car data terminals, too. But I wonder how all the other municipal services are getting along? The school buses, electric company, road department, water department, L & I--they all need comms, too.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
They moved over to Statecom 10. Most of the radios are from the Super Bowl radio cache.

Your correct John, they seem to be dispatching on the VHF system but responding on Statecom 10. Police still on 57616. Vineland currently with four EMS calls pending. Busy morning for them.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
Its interesting that a power outage can bring the system down. 20 minutes of backup hardly seems adequate. I can't believe they didn't have a reliable backup power source like a generator. Surely they have the power restored by now but the system is old and perhaps faulted in some way with the power interruption. No help from Motorola with an antiquated smartnet system I suppose.

BigOldCar

Well they seem to be back up this evening. I heard the PD and School Transportation. Hup--there goes an EMS call!

Looks like they got it fixed up just in time for the big snow tonight.

The control channel operating is 860.4625.

Status
Not open for further replies.