Tony,

Try:
451.47500 210.7 PL
MONOC North MONOC North Dispatch FMN EMS Dispatch

Max:cool:

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Confirmed! 451.47500 210.7 PL is the frequency MONOC is using to dispatch EMS (BLS & ALS) in the City of Passaic.

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
Passaic EMS

ALS services within the City of Passaic are no longer being provided by the HUMC consortium?

It looks that way, I am a regular listener to all off Passaic's public safety frequencies. EMS were dispatched on their PD Frequency, now much quieter.
I have heard MONOC dispatch both BLS and ALS on their UHF North Frequency. According to the article they keep 2 Ambulances (BLS) right in town where they replaced the city owned vehicles.

Max

Interesting because according to the FCC database, the nearest MONOC transmitters to Passaic are in Kearny and Newark. I wonder what the coverage in Passaic is like?
Shouldn't be a problem. I know in NJ terms Newark and Kearny seem like "the other side of the world" but if you go elsewhere in the country, that would be the next town over. I did do some checking. WQCN562 is wrong. Loc. 3 has the wrong coordinates and puts the site in Newark across the river from Kearny. Based on the correct data, the site would cover into Passaic at 50 W ERP and modest antenna heights, but would be somewhat at the edge. The other sites might be a stretch. For mobile coverage, it shouldn't be too much of a problem, but if I were in charge (obviously I'm not), I'd add a site. For a city the size of Passaic, something at the old EMS building would likely do fine, either as a simulcast, stand-alone repeater site, or voting receiver (which they might already have, as those aren't licensed or recorded anywhere).

665_NJ

Scanner enthusiast
Premium Subscriber
While monitoring MICOM (155.175, CTCSS 100.0 Hz) this morning, I heard them dispatch separate BLS and ALS calls within the City of Passaic.

MICOM covered perhaps as a mutual request. If the 2 MONOC rigs were already busy. There may indeed be some overlap coverage...:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.