Utac 11 frequency?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Analogrules

Regarding the recent small plane crash into the Hudson, I heard them say switch to Utac 11. I don't see this indicated anywhere in the DB under the NJ Common frequency section. Anyone knows what frequency is Utac 11?

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Regarding the recent small plane crash into the Hudson, I heard them say switch to Utac 11. I don't see this indicated anywhere in the DB under the NJ Common frequency section. Anyone knows what frequency is Utac 11?
Federally designated interop channel. Look in the fed database for all the channels. Lots of localities use them for various public safety operations and purposes, but have adopted the fed naming for consistency.

But, as Bill pointed out, sounds like a misuse of the terminology or they actually mean VTAC11. If it was a UTAC channel, it would be in the 43 numbers. 700 MHz channels are 7TAC and the 800's are 8TAC.

You can also find detailed info in the NIFOG which is easily found and downloaded on the net.

Last edited:

Thunderknight

Premium Subscriber
In the NY forum, fleet week thread, there is a reference to utac41 being used as the command channel.
If they said 11, they probably just misspoke.

Analogrules

Ok. Yeah, I have all the Utac, Vtac, and interop frequencies programmed into my scanner from the RR db, however nothing else was heard after they said switch to Utac 11. It could very well be a channel that none of us discovered or confirmed yet. Or like Steve mentioned, it could have been a federal channel (maybe unlisted).

ecps92

Or poor eye-sight :twisted: V's and U's do blend on the smaller pixel radios :D
Federally designated interop channel. Look in the fed database for all the channels. Lots of localities use them for various public safety operations and purposes, but have adopted the fed naming for consistency.

But, as Bill pointed out, sounds like a misuse of the terminology or they actually mean VTAC11. If it was a UTAC channel, it would be in the 43 numbers. 700 MHz channels are 7TAC and the 800's are 8TAC.

You can also find detailed info in the NIFOG which is easily found and downloaded on the net.

ecps92

Steve wasn't pointing to an FIO not found yet... they are known and available in the NIFOG
Let me google that for you
as well as the STRONGLY Suggested (Urged, Directed, etc) naming conventions, There is no UTAC 11, if anything it would have been UTAC-1 which has not been used for the named channel in years. UTAC-1 became UTAC-41 where the 4 indicates 4xx.xxxx Mhz

Ok. Yeah, I have all the Utac, Vtac, and interop frequencies programmed into my scanner from the RR db, however nothing else was heard after they said switch to Utac 11. It could very well be a channel that none of us discovered or confirmed yet. Or like Steve mentioned, it could have been a federal channel (maybe unlisted).

Status
Not open for further replies.