Jersey Central Power & Light Upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

elias1988

Feed Provider
Last edited:

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
So they are totally abandoning their 900 MHz trunked analog system that they're using now?

W2SJW

Database Admin
I live square in the middle of their service territory (Warren County) & can't hear the system for squat!

When I lived in Branchburg, the system came in like gangbusters - very helpful during Irene, Sandy, & the freak October snowstorm a few years ago. I hope these new systems fill in some of the coverage areas...

W2SJW

Database Admin
Here on my middle level, I'm barely getting 2 bars on the 939.1625 CC right now...

Sent from my Galaxy S6 via Tapatalk 5

W2MB

Here on my middle level, I'm barely getting 2 bars on the 939.1625 CC right now...

Sent from my Galaxy S6 via Tapatalk 5

Never was any better here up the hill from you. Strange seeing that everything else adjacent to their Montana Mtn tower site comes in here just fine....

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Current system is hard to get here in Toms River, and I think they have a tower in town.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Then they have a tower at the nuclear plant and another tower on top of their offices on Route 9 in Lakewood.

elias1988

Feed Provider
Installation of new radios may have started,over heard a unit talking to system operations this morning that a "new" Motorola radio was installed in his truck and that he accidentally pushed the emergency button. No new control channels online from what I can tell.

buckbull

Premium Subscriber
is anyone hearing JCP&L today i punch in their talk groups and am not hearing a thing . I think i should be hearing something with the noreaster coming.

elias1988

Feed Provider
South simulcast is working fine here. Since this is the topic for upgrading to P25 has anyone heard any active control channels? I've been checking here with nothing so far.

Last edited:

W2SJW

Database Admin
Hopefully the upgrade will happen soon. The guys from the local office are always at my hometown deli first-thing in the morning & their trucks all have the new radios.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
According to Etherstack (who I believe is the integrator) press release in April 2016. The network is supposed to be upgraded by the end of 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.