Monroe Township Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ob123

Premium Subscriber
Anyone have any word on the Monroe Township(Middlesex County) Upgrade? I have heard talk that they will be switching systems by the end of this month(July 2016). Not sure if they are upgrading their current Smartnet System or possibly switching to the East Brunswick Phase 2 System. It is my understanding that Fire/EMS users would be keeping their XTS5000's, therefore limiting their participation to Phase 1 Talkgroups only.

NJFFDisp

Premium Subscriber
I have heard that Monroe was slated to move over the the East Brunswick system also. I did not hear a time frame. But I can tell you that East Brunswick FD/EMS operates in full time FDMA (phase I) and I have never heard any TDMA transmitions on any Fire or EMS talk group.

GM

Premium Subscriber
My source has informed me that the Monroe Police talkgroups on the East Brunswick system are secure mode (encrypted). Talkgroups 15001, 15002, 15003.

GM

Premium Subscriber
I noticed that the East Brunswick P25 network is now a two site system, with Monroe TRS being upgraded as Site 2. Can anyone in the Monroe area verify this via Unitrunker/Pro96Com if the Monroe frequencies are now Site 2 with the EB TRS?

svolks209

EB/Monroe

Ill try to answer your question the best I can as I don't know the technical way to explain it. It has been explained to me how the system works by those programming it.

Monroe abandoned the analog Motorola (circa 1996) trunked system Tuesday and joined EB's P25 Motorola trunked system. The only difference is Monroe's tower (at police HQ) is its own site and uses the Monroe UHF frequencies. Monroe saved millions of dollars by using East Brunswick's core system and adding an additional repeater site. Monroe will pay EB a fee each year to be on EB's system.

If you are in Monroe and closer to the Monroe site your radio utilizes the Monroe site. If you are in the North end of Monroe or anywhere north of Monroe in Middlesex or northern counties your radio "roams" and uses the EB towers and UHF frequencies. Radio will affiliate with the closest tower- whether it is Monroe or EB and simulcast over both systems simultaneously.

I am currently listening to Monroe's operational frequencies through EB's system. Just add the new talkgroup numbers to the already programmed radio system for EB's P25 system and it works. Talk group Id's are the same across both systems because they are linked. The benefit to programming the Monroe system through the EB TRS is EB has multiple towers and Monroe only has one. Only people that live in closer proximity to Monroe PD's site would benefit from programming the site on the Monroe side.

I hope this answers your question. If I didn't I tried my best! If you are looking for the new talkgroup Id's for Monroe I've already submitted them to Radio Reference. They have been approved and added to the EB P25 TRS listing as new talkgroups. My BCD536HP is working great and I can monitor Monroe.

GM

Premium Subscriber
Ok great, yes that does answer my question. :) I'm also working on trying to ID the 37 talkgroups that have come on-line as of Monday this week that Unitrunker has shown. ;)

G

GTW1226

Could this be the reason why I am hearing Monroe County Central Fire Dispatch on 154.4300 toneing out now? I only use to hear Wayne County, Rockwood, Gibraltar, Flat Rock, and Woodhaven.

svolks209

GM where are the talk group numbers located? I can definitely help you with that information. To the latest poster I believe you are talking about Michigan. We are referring to NJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.