Bridgeton PD down?

Status
Not open for further replies.

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
Someone posted on Facebook...."Bridgeton pd is down. Their system got struck by lightning. Wont be back up for awhile. They r using loaner state radios." Is this true?

csmith00

Feed Provider
Someone posted on Facebook...."Bridgeton pd is down. Their system got struck by lightning. Wont be back up for awhile. They r using loaner state radios." Is this true?
155.55 has been silent. Initially audio was poor. At some point during week they went silent.

Have not had time to try to find what system they are on. Last year, Vineland used state system during outage too.

ScannerGuys

Has anybody heard lately if Bridgeton PD, are fixing their main repeater? I still occasionally hear them on (TAC 2) mostly at night, they call it on their mobile radios which is 155.820. That digital system they are currently on now with those handheld radios are TERRIBLE, dispatch says most of the time you are breaking up, they always have to repeat what the officers say!!! They should have went to the sheriff's repeater! That's got much better coverage than that system they are on for handhelds now!!! That 700 mhz digital system is worse than the current 800 mhz analog system for the njsp that they currently use!

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Has anybody heard lately if Bridgeton PD, are fixing their main repeater? I still occasionally hear them on (TAC 2) mostly at night, they call it on their mobile radios which is 155.820. That digital system they are currently on now with those handheld radios are TERRIBLE, dispatch says most of the time you are breaking up, they always have to repeat what the officers say!!! They should have went to the sheriff's repeater! That's got much better coverage than that system they are on for handhelds now!!! That 700 mhz digital system is worse than the current 800 mhz analog system for the njsp that they currently use!

It has it's moments , Sometimes it as clear as a bell (like right now) other times it's garbled. I don't think at first the Sheriffs repeater was working either when it first happened, A few days ago they were on the 700 also. Last couple days everything seem to working as normal on there repeater.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Have you heard if and when the Bridgeton PD will fix their Repeater? Thanks In Advance

I have heard nothing about them fixing there repeater. I think it's amazing they came up with these radios so quickly after there system went down, Millville city plans on being on this system by the end of the year, so maybe it's a trend.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber
Hi Kenny,

I've monitored the NJICS with a Harris XG-75 and the quality is awesome. Have to remember that no scanner can handle P25 simulcast LSM. You either need a software/SDR solution like OP25 or a real radio programmed in true RX mode (like Harris or Relm can).

It has it's moments , Sometimes it as clear as a bell (like right now) other times it's garbled. I don't think at first the Sheriffs repeater was working either when it first happened, A few days ago they were on the 700 also. Last couple days everything seem to working as normal on there repeater.

csmith00

Feed Provider
I have heard nothing about them fixing there repeater. I think it's amazing they came up with these radios so quickly after there system went down, Millville city plans on being on this system by the end of the year, so maybe it's a trend.
Hopefully they don't follow Camden and Gloucester county and encrypt everything.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

couchm

programming.

Hey Joe was wondering how do you program the Harris XG-75 radio to monitor a system like the NJICS.

Hi Kenny,

I've monitored the NJICS with a Harris XG-75 and the quality is awesome. Have to remember that no scanner can handle P25 simulcast LSM. You either need a software/SDR solution like OP25 or a real radio programmed in true RX mode (like Harris or Relm can).

ScannerGuys

Bridgeton PD were on 155.550 yesterday around 3 pm, Friday afternoon sounded like somebody from the station was trying to fix it possibly the Repeater? They told car 707 to reset his car radio, it was in emergency mode. They advised him to hold in the reset button until the radio turns off, and then turn it back on? What is that? They are still using Tac 2 155.820 quite often. All the city schools have the bridgeton city pd channel in their handheld radios for the armed police officers that work in the schools, along with their school channels in their VHF high-band radios. It would be hard to believe they are getting a new radio system like millville pd supposedly are in the future. Bridgeton PD officers this morning have been complaining about these radios being all garbled and not understanding what other people are saying on them and breaking up all the time. Analog will always be the best and most reliable communications!

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Bridgeton PD were on 155.550 yesterday around 3 pm, Friday afternoon sounded like somebody from the station was trying to fix it possibly the Repeater? They told car 707 to reset his car radio, it was in emergency mode. They advised him to hold in the reset button until the radio turns off, and then turn it back on? What is that? They are still using Tac 2 155.820 quite often. All the city schools have the bridgeton city pd channel in their handheld radios for the armed police officers that work in the schools, along with their school channels in their VHF high-band radios. It would be hard to believe they are getting a new radio system like millville pd supposedly are in the future. Bridgeton PD officers this morning have been complaining about these radios being all garbled and not understanding what other people are saying on them and breaking up all the time. Analog will always be the best and most reliable communications!

But they are still on the 700 as of Sunday Morning, And they have always used tac 2 as a gossip channel. I too hope they go back to VHF. Was much clearer.

Monoxide16

I don't get why these people love digital radio!!! It comes in all broken up half of the time. And in the Burlington Co area the dispatcher is always asking please repeat your message. I think analog sounds so much better. I pretty much only listen to State Police and Montgomery County.

jcardani

Premium Subscriber

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
As of this morning the Sheriff Dept (also located in Bridgeton) has there own talk group. 4189, Old Delaware river 1, This seemed to happen after the 700 system went down for a short period of time. I'm thinking this is either permanent or is going to be a good while.

csmith00

Feed Provider
As of this morning the Sheriff Dept (also located in Bridgeton) has there own talk group. 4189, Old Delaware river 1, This seemed to happen after the 700 system went down for a short period of time. I'm thinking this is either permanent or is going to be a good while.
Thanks for the update. Guess I might have to buy a new scanner sooner than planned.

Have you seen any articles in SJ Times? I only read online and have not seen any. Maybe to much trouble for them to leave Gloucester county.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the update. Guess I might have to buy a new scanner sooner than planned.

Have you seen any articles in SJ Times? I only read online and have not seen any. Maybe to much trouble for them to leave Gloucester county.

I have not seen anything in the news about this, I also cannot find any new license search for them, But I don't exactly know how that works when they jump on someone else system.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Cumberland & Cape May are currently seeking approval to create their own 700MHz trunk systems. The systems will be tied into the NJICS, but no concrete evidence as to if they will use the state backbone like Union County did...

N2ICV

Premium Subscriber
Cumberland & Cape May are currently seeking approval to create their own 700MHz trunk systems. The systems will be tied into the NJICS, but no concrete evidence as to if they will use the state backbone like Union County did...
If that happens that will leave Salem Co the only one not on a 700/800 MHz TRS.in SNJ and will join Delaware Co Pa as odd Co's with no TRS in the Delaware Valley.

Status
Not open for further replies.