Long Branch Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

scannersnstuff

Long Branch Fire is now operating on the abandoned pd high band. 154.7625 <103.5> . I believe they eventually plan on going to 700 mc trunk <lan>.

scannersnstuff

JMR I'm pretty positively sure that 155.790 is kaput. year's of repeater issue's. Repeater was repeatedly getting keyed up by interference. LB and the county tried to troubleshoot it. Actually I now wish every fire agency in the county went to a 700 mhz talkgroup. Especially with the simulcast issue's on vhf paging and response.

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
I know LBFD 2 is repeated but it doesnt currently hit a repeater and the lbpd2 repeater is down. LB fire 3 is also lbpd2 in simplex.

As far as TRS, I dont disagree with you, but some of the radios on EMS are still getting system access failures. I know 83 and 34 fire are testing.

Its going to be a very expensive switchover...

JMR3865

Premium Subscriber
Awesome! Do you know if they are using the Tait or Motorola. I just had a transmission receive distorted on TRS, I'm in a metal building.

I'm really for the TRS and I like that they are implementing it through different types of agencies, I just hope they are taking the feedback and resolving any issues of the system.

Is 34 and 83 just using the TRS for response or fireground as well? Are they using "their" channel for fireground ops or a ops/tac channel? For purposes of testing, I hope they are using the trunked channels for all operations.

ShoreBullets

Neptune is using Motorola APX radios. They are doing everything on the system, Response and dispatch is on the LAN Response channel, ops for small incidents is also on Response, but they are using the ops channels for bigger stuff

83Fire is doing pretty much the same, and both agencies dispatches are being simulcast over their home VHF

ShoreBullets

Not off the top of my head, im not as keyed into how the whole trunked system works as i was with VHF/UHF, but i know a guy (who knows a guy) who does

Status
Not open for further replies.