njsp reception

Status
Not open for further replies.

lou9155

hi all..any of you guys in south jersey notice njsp via the berlin site has become strong and clear in the last month. i get a solid 5 bars and solid trunking signal. sounds like im in the home depot parking lot its so strong. i did have some tree work done maybe improving my reception but wow its strong they still use control channel 1 daytime and channel 2 at night

SCPD

QRT
Its probably the hurricane season and the ionosphere, I wouldnt get to used to it.
I get 5 weather channels on my portable lately.
Extreme weather happens when the ionoshere is charged up, radio waves propogate alot easier, you may even hear things way past your location.

kennyloatman

Premium Subscriber
Mine also got a lot better on the Berlin site at about a month ago. Before that I was picking up a I.R. site that is about 4 miles east of my location better than the repeater tower that is 3 miles west of my location.

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
There are still a lot of areas along I-295 heading south towards Gloucester county where I loose reception completely while mobile with the scanner. With the Motorola radio it's much better.

SCPD

QRT
antenna

There are still a lot of areas along I-295 heading south towards Gloucester county where I loose reception completely while mobile with the scanner. With the Motorola radio it's much better.

Try a higher gain antenna for 800mhz,make sure its on your roof in the center.

godskidz

Troop B

I hope I'm not hijacking this thread if so sorry. I see NJSP reception is the subject so I figured I would jump in. I'm in Sussex County Troop B and during their transmitting there is alot of crackling. Troops A,C and D are clear. I have the rubber ducky 800 mhz antenna on my BC246T Any thoughts. Again sorry for jumping in. Thanks.

lou9155

funny you mention crackling from troop b godskidz...any radio i use with any antenna combo i get the same crackling on troop a and c.. it comes and goes

Status
Not open for further replies.