Waterfront Commission Police Change Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Can anyone confirm that NYWC Police are now off VHF full-time? I caught one of their guys today carrying an APX8000, and the only thing I’ve heard on 154.800 for the last month around Elizabethport has been Bergenfield Police. I know there was talk of them going onto the ICS encrypted.

FireBuff44

Believe they are on njics 4213 and 4215. I posted that a while back, not sure if all their people switched or just the jersey ones.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
About two years ago they were issued VHF APX6000 radios (they were using M/A-Com/Harris radios for years prior). Those two talkgroups mentioned were active already at that time. So I’m going to say those talkgroups are not them. I’ll reach out to a friend that works over there just to confirm. But they are a small agency and most of their guys are assigned to task forces and use those radios instead. Also should mention that they are Detectives from day one, even in uniform. My buddy went to a local County police Academy in NJ when he was hired by them and he lit up everyday by seasoned “officers” teaching at the academy as he was a “brand new Detective.” LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
About two years ago they were issued VHF APX6000 radios (they were using M/A-Com/Harris radios for years prior). Those two talkgroups mentioned were active already at that time. So I’m going to say those talkgroups are not them. I’ll reach out to a friend that works over there just to confirm. But they are a small agency and most of their guys are assigned to task forces and use those radios instead. Also should mention that they are Detectives from day one, even in uniform. My buddy went to a local County police Academy in NJ when he was hired by them and he lit up everyday by seasoned “officers” teaching at the academy as he was a “brand new Detective.” LOL

You remember what their old DCS tone on VHF was? DCS 632? Also was able to confirm 4213 and 4215 as WCNYH Police.

Last edited:

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Since their HQ is in Manhattan and they also cover Ports in NY such as Red Hook and Howland Hook, I’m still doubting they are using NJICS as their primary means of communication.

Their DPL on 154.800 is 662.

ten13

Premium Subscriber
It's interesting that the WFC "police" have advanced to a new radio system.

Just the other day, there was an article in the paper about the NJ legislature wanting to do away with the entire Waterfront Commission, as its outlasted its usefulness. They can't do it, but it shows how high in esteem the state holds them.

RadioDitch

Premium Subscriber
Since their HQ is in Manhattan and they also cover Ports in NY such as Red Hook and Howland Hook, I’m still doubting they are using NJICS as their primary means of communication.

Their DPL on 154.800 is 662.

I don't know if it's primary, but it's definitely them. 154.800 is not being used in New Jersey by them right now. I monitored it for a full month, no tone enabled, and all I ever heard was Bergenfield Police in Bergen County. Though it is still in their radios. And I know for a fact though that the Union County Simulcast works from Howland Hook.

As for the disbanding, the vote came up and failed.

FireBuff44

Maybe its a special unit using them that your friend isn't privy to. Still stand by my post that it is them, one even mentioned the address of their headquarters.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Ok copy. Did you confirm if 4219 was them also? I’ve only heard ENC traffic on that talkgroup.

Analogrules

I haven't heard anything on 154.800 in over a year at least (at least from my location in NJ). I remember a time when it was very active. The Waterfront Commission is definitely operating full time on some other frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.