Ocean County Area Monitoring with Unication G5

Status
Not open for further replies.

elias1988

Feed Provider
It blows my Unidens away! It’s picking up turnpike authority and Monmouth County very well.

elias1988

Feed Provider
It sure does have its limits with features I would like to see added. I’ll be using it as a fire pager also so I can deal with it.

W2SJW

Database Admin
Very nice vids!

I want to know what the deal is with the pop-up windows on receiving incoming transmissions. Every one else that has videoed their G5's show the screen just changing to the channel info & staying white on black...

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Ocean CO G-5

I don't understand that question? what pop-up windows? do you mean the COLOR? instead of the normal home window? the last firmware update gave the user the controls to assign a color to talk-groups in the PPS. Each different talk-group can have a color assigned like the regular scanners do with things. I only use RED for FIRE. The other color schemes are "different" :0\

Last edited by a moderator:

W2SJW

Database Admin
You got what I was asking correct - I didn't realize that was a new feature added in via a FW update.

KC2GVX

Premium Subscriber
Awesome! I also will wait to see the Uniden SDS and how it compares. I will end up buying either the Uniden or the Unication as I currently get zero to poor reception of NJICS, OC 700, and NJTPA 800 at my home.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
OCounty Unication G5

@KC2GVX You might want to wait for the Uniden to come out. It looks like they have a palate of color to choose from after seeing those YouTube videos. The Unication settings have a very limited number background colors that you can't change, It's done for you, FONT color is fixed and hard to see at a distance except for RED in my opinion. Wish they would expand on those color choices but there are far more many things I'd rather have first. Like a Talk-group HOLD button.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.