RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum

New Jersey Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of New Jersey.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-27-2007, 3:56 PM

Default Burlington radio question....

Hello all.I became a HAM a few months back and looking through the repeater directory I notice that most townships and counties have repeaters listed for OEM.I noticed Burlington county has one,as well as a Talkgroup on the UHF System "27984 6D5 County Wide Amateur Radio Service".I was wondering if any of these are used,and if so if there is a club associated with this.I work in the county as a Medic as well,so it could benifit me in many ways.Thanks for the Info..:-)
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2007, 11:39 AM
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Yes, the Ham repeaters that are allocated as OEM are in fact used for such. The Burlington Co repeater (147.150+127.3 pl) is used as neeeded and a weekly net runs at 1900 on Wednesdays. I don't remember the others right off the top of my head, but I have heard them used. I can account for Camden and Ocean county because I have listened/talked on them before. As far as the Digital Talkgroup, I will have to play around with it and see what I can come up with. I'll let you know.

Chris "Radioboy" Bradshaw
KD5BFF
BMFC 181