Interference or skip on Alamogordo pd

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
Last several trips on way to Mescalero I noticed audio faded cutting in and you could hear some sort of dispatch or unit but barely. At first I didn't bother to notice but it seems to come at random intervals from time to time. Doing research they use 155.7600 with rx 127.3 looking near by I noticed Culberson county texas uses 155.7600 with different pl rx and unknown to tone on different freq. In lea county Jal fire uses a vhf patch I assume since lea county is edacs, a rx of 153.785 tone 127.3 rx and 155.7600 as input to repeater unknown tx tone. Possibly same 127.3 not sure. But otero the long ridge repeater is pretty high on the mountain. I noticed this when everyone was narrow banding it never was around wideband. It has a sound sometimes in the interference of that a edacs patch gives from a console. It's definitely coming from either lea which I suspect or Culberson. Definitely public safety interference. The locals in otero seem to think it's a unit calling in as you hear them say last unit unreadable or they do status checks on units. It to me seems nobody is catching it that another agency is bleeding over fpr some reason from the long ridge repeater. Any thoughts? Pretty good skip no? It's one of the two counties. I plan to talk to a friend in the loop over there see what he says. But definitely they are getting interference sometimes as if they are being covered or ghost transmissions that key up then key down for a second or two. Like i said it's random and definitely the repeater in otero on long ridge is getting a bleed over somehow. Has anyone passing through noticed this?

Status
Not open for further replies.