Monitoring Otero County, found some freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I will submit these after more monitoring to be sure or to discover what the others are. But till then here is what I figured out. I am pretty sure of the two. By what has been said. But i will follow the week or two monitoring before submitting. I have only a analog old scanner and had to use comtekks decoder for pl. So hopefully it was correct. Let it run and watched and it gave same each time so no dpl it appears just ctcss.

CONFIRMED
Southwest Disposal Co - Alamogordo trash and refuse contract services for city and area:
855.91250 rx repeater
ctcss/pl detected 177.3 rx (non standard tone)
keywords noted: landfill run they are waiting for final trucks to go in from city, container pick up or trash fallen into road from front end load truck, handicap containers need attention at xx address (I assume the small ones on wheels), 2 drivers are finished on the alley routes headed your way to assist your route at xx alley route.

CONFIRMED
Zia therapy center (ZTrans) bus transportation Alamogordo:
467.20000 rx
ctcss/pl detected 189.9 rx
Keywords noted: passengers, routes mentioned within city and to Las cruces which match ztrans time schedule and routes in alamogordo.

I looked for those two in fcc database and on rr and nothing. I would imagine there utilizing a radio shop contractor and maybe the license is under the radio shop they use in Las cruces for ztrans and El paso for southwest.

Other unidentified users so far:

461.65000 rx
ctcss/pl 179.9 rx
keywords noted: crusher fines, rock material, scale, shop, truck is ready at maint, loader operator, customer is heading back to get xx amkint of xx material. Possibly local construction plant or cemex la Luz quarry? Mesa Verde utilizes one primary that I subbed to the db long time ago but they may use others. The listed in the db is considered the "road channel" or primary. handhelds I've seen them use the bubble pack uhf minis for localized low power operations I assume. Not sure if they use a repeated secondary but I'd keep them suspect also with it till it can be determined it isn't them. Another suspect would be blankenship.

Unknown users, didn't get to make notes while driving with these ones:

451.72500 rx
ctcss/pl 203.5 rx

462.20625 rx
didn't get to catch a pl but it definitely is a repeated freq.

451.725 rx

I'll keep eye on these as past week it's only activity I have caught other then some p25 border patrol emissions which I punched into a capable device and confirmed out of the El paso area. I'll continue to add to this thread when I find more and get those also.

abqscan

DataBase Administrator
The license for 855.9125 WPTD928, appears to be part of a trunking system.

The license for 467.2 WPWS608 also appears to be part of a trunking system.

Can you confirm these two frequencies are not part of a trunking system?

SCPD

QRT
They are conventional use. I'm hearing full conversations on both in conventional. They use the non standard tones.as far as I know both those companies have outfits in Las cruces and El paso. It's possible there using the trunk in El Paso and cruces and maybe just mobile to mobile in otero. If you give me the freqs here or by pm I can throw it in and see what it does and attempt to map it out. But as far as I heard past 2 weeks both are coming across in conv seamless.

SCPD

QRT
I'll punch in the freqs and see from the license listing from the fcc you gave. But I'm hearing both ends on both those freqs seems mobile to mobile only.

SCPD

QRT
One thing I forgot to mention was both had a beep at the end of each transmission. I thought maybe they were a id tone but recalled hearing the beep like it has when trunk radio would be in fail safe or simplex. I attempted to decode the I'd if it was and it wasn't decoding anything. If you'd like I can continue to monitor mess with trunking before you post it. But honestly I'm pretty sure they are in a simplex mobile to mobile because both frequency users have the beep at end. I think I heard the same beep once on a lcpd radio when it was in a fail safe or simplex mode. I'll poke with it more. But like I said I'm hearing both sides of the convo as I thought with the static it appeared to be mobile to mobile high power.

SCPD

QRT
Ok so far for the ztrans there only putting out on the 467.2000 without doubt. I'm assuming the beep is simplex or a failsafe end of transmission tone? I also heard the "base" they call her/him dispatcher Basically say her radio wasn't working she thinks the past hour can anyone hear her now. Everyone replied yes. All were on 467.2000 as they been last 2 weeks. It seems like high power mobiles only direct no portables. I suspect there going to use trunking or for some reason aren't or don't notice a difference if something went down. I noticed the fcc has a pending on the site so maybe i caught them in between going to trunking. Since its listed as trunking I'd just hold off entering it and see if there is any changes? I only have a pro2053 but hopefully soon plan to get something better either the whistler 1080 or bcd436hp.

SCPD

QRT
Not sure if there is a future plan for trunking. But without doubt 462.2000 is the repeater and the input is 467.2000. I heard the repeater tone across 462.2000 with clear signal and 467.2000 static with legible voice. Not sure if they use that call sign probably so and since the radio shop is in roswell there's no telling if they plan to use trunking in event of growth or other businesses contract there services. But it's def repeated conventional. If someone in Las cruces plugs those set of uhf freqs in maybe they use it over there. ZTrans is a Las cruces operation and alamogordo allot smaller and not many use radio comms. Maybe in future or they licensed for it in event they added sites and made it a trunked system. But according to the fcc db there is only one site. I'm leaning toward maybe las cruces uses trunking for ztrans. But in alamogordo it's definitely rep conv there using. I'll continue to monitor the other freqs that been silent for that listing but no activity at all on those others. But i think that's what it is. Give me a day to decode the tones again for 462.2000 the repeater and to check southwest disposal for sure.

With southwest disposal I noticed it appears to be same deal. Rep conv. There is a squelch in csq that opens for a second every 30 seconds or so on both 855.9375 and 855.9125 and not the other 2 listed in the fcc db. I'll check when there operations resume tomorrow and also check the tones again. I have to use winctcss and comtekk multidecoder again.

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT
No trunking in use. Whether it's licensed for it incase for future I don't know. Both conventional only.

ZTrans Alamogordo
input 467.2000
repeater 462.2000 rx pl 192.8 tested on uhf equip. (Repeater tone emits on this frequency which I never noticed before scanning randomly)

Southwest Disposal
input 810.91250
repeater 855.9125

I'd leave southwest in csq. I have no way to re confirm the tone as I don't have 800 equipment and the software decoders I was using aren't too reliable as there jumping tones during the transmission. I did catch 192.8 solid for them but without a radio in 800 to confirm I'd leave it csq. Most modern scanners should auto decode anyway.

As for the other channels it appears for ztrans there is no activity what ever. For southwest the other 2 which seem conventional had no activity other then the frequent squelch burst on a repeater channel of 855.9375 and it's input most likely 810.9375. No activity. Since it is having the same squelch break as the identified repeater for southwest it could be a alternative channel pair or no use yet. But for sure without any doubt they are conv and no trunking in use. I recall long ago they were conv and I had lost the frequencies back in 06 which is why I looked again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.