Trying to program codes in old scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

b3bird19

I have an old Uniden Bearcat model:bc60xlt-1. I just created an account on radioreference and hopefully you guys can help me out, the problem is i found the codes for my area including police,fire,ems,school ect ect...but i cant program any of them in because my scanner only allows 7 digits to be programed at one time and all the codes i found on here are 8 digits for the codes i need,, i dont know if the scanner is just out dated and useless except only for the weather cahnnel on it, i dunno but i would like to try to get it to work. I have no owners manual or anything like that so i guess this site is my only hope right now. Thanks alot and try and help me if you can,
Brandon

captclint

Mentor
I have an old Uniden Bearcat model:bc60xlt-1. I just created an account on radioreference and hopefully you guys can help me out, the problem is i found the codes for my area including police,fire,ems,school ect ect...but i cant program any of them in because my scanner only allows 7 digits to be programed at one time and all the codes i found on here are 8 digits for the codes i need,
Welcome to RR. Your scanner will automatically round off the 8 digits to 7, but I have heard that it is better to round UP. In case your scanner does not do that, you can do it manually before you enter.. You will not miss much due to the round-off unless you are on the fringe of reception for that freq.

qlajlu

Silent Key
I have an old Uniden Bearcat model:bc60xlt-1. ...I have no owners manual or anything like that so i guess this site is my only hope right now.
To download a copy of the owner's manual for the BC60XLT-1 click here. It is in PDF format and it is the entire manual. Save it to your computer for future reference.

You also need to learn how to navigate the RR.com Database. Just click on Database Home from the top blue bar, and then click on Georgia on the map. There is a lot of information to be had from the Database.

And WELCOME to RR.com!

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
Welcome to the forums! It looks like you're in luck. Looking at the database for Lowndes and Echols Counties in Georgia, and Hamilton Co, FL, I see that all of the frequencies listed end in 00. Just drop off the last zero, the scanner won't see it anyway. You should be scanning in no time.

Just let us know if you have any other issues!

Status
Not open for further replies.