newbie trying to program my Radio Shack pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

londoncourt

I've recently purchased a Radio Shack Pro-106 but have no clue how to program it for the frequencies I wish to listen to.
Upon using the owners manual (provided) I can't make heads or tails of what I'm doing regarding the programming of certain frequencies in my area. Police, Fire, etc.
Any advice would be of great appreciation.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Hi and welcome - are you new to programming scanners? If so, I would start by reading the items linked in the 'Links for Newcomers' section of ... (note: all links are in blue..)

Main Page - The RadioReference Wiki

What system(s) are you trying to program? Go to the Database link under the site title in the blue toolbar; supply the URL(s) so folks know what you need.

I would also consult the Scan New England wiki as it tends to have more up to date information for the New England states.

Did you purchase the USB cable and decide on a program to use? Our wiki has lots of information on both of these questions

Object Oriented Scanner Software - The RadioReference Wiki

Win500 has an advantage in that it has a tutorial on how to use the RR web service to load your scanner; but that requires something I'll get to in a moment...

Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

This article talks about the 2 distributors of the USB cable, and how to diagnose and load drivers into Windoze...

If you wish to download data using the web service, you need to purchase a premium subscription. Alternately, you can check the Scan New England files area and see if someone has built a file that you can use. The SNE website also has a forum dedicated to this topic.

That should be enough for now...be sure to ask questions about RS scanners in the RS forum, software in the software forum, and keep in mind we have many state-by-state forums...there's lots of folks here that can help you along

73 Mike

Last edited:

noobiest

Any luck? 'I'm a week ahead of you. Still lost, but some progress. I guess it takes time and purchases.

mciupa

Database Admin
I've recently purchased a Radio Shack Pro-106 but have no clue how to program it for the frequencies I wish to listen to.
Upon using the owners manual (provided) I can't make heads or tails of what I'm doing regarding the programming of certain frequencies in my area. Police, Fire, etc.
Any advice would be of great appreciation.

Hello londoncourt,welcome to RadioReference :)

Are you trying to program these ?

Merrimack, Town of

153.98000 (136.5 PL) Fire Channel 1
154.41500 (136.5 PL) Fire Channel 2
155.23500 (136.5 PL) Fire Channel 3
154.28000 (136.5 PL) Fire Channel 4
154.19000 (136.5 PL) Fire Channel 5
155.55000 ( 227-NAC ) Merrimack Police Dispatch

Have a look at http://marksscanners.com/106_197/106_197.shtml#conv Conventional Object menu
It can also be used as a resource for programming those six freq's and also will guide you for CTCSS(PL) tone and NAC entry.

Good Luck :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.