Project 25 standard vs. single channel trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenn_moses

Premium Subscriber
I am trying to decide between the PSR-600 and the BCD996XT. One of the trunked systems I am interested in is the State of Colorado DTRS. The system in Mesa County is identified as:

System Type: Project 25 Phase I (FDMA)
System Voice: APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive

I note that the GRE PSR-600 does not do Project 25 Singe Channel Trunking but the BCD996XT does. How can I determine which scanner I need or put another way...how can I tell if the state system uses "Single Channel Trunking" thereby eliminating the PSR-600?

Thank you.
Kenn

mikey60

I am trying to decide between the PSR-600 and the BCD996XT. One of the trunked systems I am interested in is the State of Colorado DTRS. The system in Mesa County is identified as:

I note that the GRE PSR-600 does not do Project 25 Singe Channel Trunking but the BCD996XT does. How can I determine which scanner I need or put another way...how can I tell if the state system uses "Single Channel Trunking" thereby eliminating the PSR-600?

Thank you.
Kenn

The DTRS system in Colorado does not use single channel trunking. All sites are multi-channel trunked with control channel. Both models will work on that system.

Mike

ecps92

Single Channel trunking is for those who want to monitor a P25 Single Conventional Frequency and track the Radio ID's of the users.

It's not used for Trunking, but only to log Radio ID's which the Trunking systems will do. For someone interested in just trunking, it should not be a deal breaker if it doesn't have that feature.

Thank you.
Kenn

Status
Not open for further replies.