RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Scanners and Receivers Forums > New User / Getting Started Forum

New User / Getting Started Forum The place for new users to discuss how to get started, and generally feel safe from the rest of the rabid technical community. If you just got your first scanner, this forum is for you.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 11:06 AM

Default Project 25 standard vs. single channel trunking

I am trying to decide between the PSR-600 and the BCD996XT. One of the trunked systems I am interested in is the State of Colorado DTRS. The system in Mesa County is identified as:

System Type: Project 25 Phase I (FDMA)
System Voice: APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive

I note that the GRE PSR-600 does not do Project 25 Singe Channel Trunking but the BCD996XT does. How can I determine which scanner I need or put another way...how can I tell if the state system uses "Single Channel Trunking" thereby eliminating the PSR-600?

Thank you.
Kenn
Sponsored links
Old 05-13-2011, 1:11 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenn_moses View Post
I am trying to decide between the PSR-600 and the BCD996XT. One of the trunked systems I am interested in is the State of Colorado DTRS. The system in Mesa County is identified as:

I note that the GRE PSR-600 does not do Project 25 Singe Channel Trunking but the BCD996XT does. How can I determine which scanner I need or put another way...how can I tell if the state system uses "Single Channel Trunking" thereby eliminating the PSR-600?

Thank you.
Kenn
The DTRS system in Colorado does not use single channel trunking. All sites are multi-channel trunked with control channel. Both models will work on that system.

Mike
Old 05-13-2011, 5:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikey60 View Post
The DTRS system in Colorado does not use single channel trunking. All sites are multi-channel trunked with control channel. Both models will work on that system.

Mike
Thank you so much. Your response is very much appreciated!

kenn
Old 05-14-2011, 9:42 PM

Default Which end is up?

Please delete this

Last edited by RomeRon; 05-14-2011 at 9:44 PM.. Reason: Posted in wrong place
Old 05-15-2011, 9:46 AM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Single Channel trunking is for those who want to monitor a P25 Single Conventional Frequency and track the Radio ID's of the users.

It's not used for Trunking, but only to log Radio ID's which the Trunking systems will do. For someone interested in just trunking, it should not be a deal breaker if it doesn't have that feature.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenn_moses View Post

Thank you.
Kenn
Sponsored links