Trunked Frequency DL Problem Wichita/Sedgwick County (KS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sparky3200

Premium Subscriber
Forgive me if this is in the wrong part of the forum. I've owned a Pro-97 for several years. It was programmed for me to receive all of the Wichita/Sedgwick County, KS trunked frequencies by the salesman at Radio Shack. He used Win97 in the store to program it, so I bought my own registered version of it when I got home and made a backup copy of the frequencies that he programmed into my scanner. Of course, over the years, the frequencies have stayed the same, but a couple of hospitals have closed and a couple more have opened and I don't have frequencies for them. I have attempted to download the latest frequencies from RR in Win97 and two other scanner programming software programs. When I import the files, it gives me one frequency, 854.387500. It imports all of the alpha tags and id's, but only the one frequency. When loaded into the scanner, it will not scan, just sits on channel 1 and blinks. I can reload my old saved program out of Win97 and it works fine. Any suggestions?

Again, I apologize if this is not in the proper part of the forum. I tried searching past threads to no avail.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Hello Sparky and welcome to the forums.

Well, actually there are several things that need to be noted here. First, you are lucky in that the rebanding situation is not going to affect you because all of the frequencies used by the system you are monitoring are not on the split frequencies table. Next, I assume, since you apparently are getting to the site and downloading, you are using the must up to date version of Win97; I don't know what number that is, but you could check the web site to be sure.

With those two general comments out of the way, let me expand a bit on the rebanding issue. The only site there shows a single control channel (CCh) being used and as your software knows that your radio is a CCh only type radio, it is only downloading the single control channel (854.38750) and that is fine; note, this can be over-ridden during the download process. What I don't know, because I have never owned a Pro-97 or used Win97 is if the fact that we have it flagged as a rebanded site is affecting the setup in Win97. You see a Pro-97 is not capable of being adjusted for rebanded sites (this affects only Motorola 800 MHz systems). Actually, based on the frequencies being used on the site (with the exception of one listed) they really don't use the rebanded Motorola tables, but since it is flagged that way maybe Win97 is seeing it as such and making some false assumption; I don't know, as I said I don't have Win97 or a Pro97. I do know that your radio should work with that system based on the DB entry. The one frequency that I see that is odd is the first one listed as 854.06525 but I think that is a typo and will see if I can get the regional DB Admin to fix it. That should not be causing any error in your radio though.

You say the old way it was programed still works but you are just missing some TGs or need to eliminate some, I am curious why you did not just edit the file as it was with the changes and reload the radio with the edited info? That may be the quickest solution to your issue at this point.

The other choice is for you to look at the screens (and boxes) in Win97 after a new download and see if anything is said about rebanding or rebanded or something along those lines and clear any references to it (since as I said the Pro-97 is not reband capable.) Please note, I want to emphasize that the specific system you want to listen to can be monitored by your Pro-97, despite the fact that it has gone through the rebanding process due to the specific channels that the system is using.

Come back and let us know what is up after addressing some of the points above.

sparky3200

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the reply, Lou. I'll look into the suggestions you raised and let you know how it pans out.

Status
Not open for further replies.