New Guy Without a Clue!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoingCrazy

Hello all, I been visiting Radio ref. for some time now and decided I should start an account and say hello and maybe get some help.
I bought a radio off of a guy on Kijiji here in Ontario Canada, I feel I got a good deal on my unit which is a radio shack pro 106, he even programmed it for me. Here's the problem, I am very computer illiterate with these new toys I don't want to push any buttons in fear of it not going back to the way it was. It has so many channels that it runs through that I end up missing most of the transmission for my area, Now I live in New Liskeard which is in Northern Ontario, the fellow I bought the unit from programmed it for all of Northern Ontario, but its a huge area, my scanner doesn't receive that far, so im wondering how to program it for just my immediate area, if someone could help me out I would be ever so grateful, I was going to ask the guy I bought it from but I don't wanna bother him anymore! thanks folks.
One last thing I was wondering was, is it hard to broadcast my radio on here? thanks again.

KC5AKB

Well you might be able to lock out some of the stuff you do not want. You may be using trunking so I am not sure what to tell you .You might be ahead to talk with the guy you got it from .
Sorry Not much help.

GoingCrazy

Thanks anyhow, I have since been able to manually put it to my local police (O.P.P.) manually, the only problem now is that there's one channel that is all static and it cuts in and out, and comes priority over the clear channels, would that be an encrypted channel? I am so useless with this type of stuff but very interested in it, I am not very good at reading and understanding what to do with the instructions, hopefully someone will be able to help, I tried calling the guy I bought it from but he's is now away at work for 60 days, I am sure he will fix me up once he's back home, thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.