new home patrol scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenley

I bought a new homepatrol scanner that is programed for Washington, DC. It will only transmit tack channels and citywide channels but not main districts. I see they are programed in but they do not trasmit?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I bought a new homepatrol scanner that is programed for Washington, DC. It will only transmit tack channels and citywide channels but not main districts. I see they are programed in but they do not trasmit?

What is the firmware and database version in the Home Patrol?

From the main screen, select Menu ---> Advanced Menu ---> Scroll down arrow --> Version Information

What does it say for the Firmware Version, And the Database Version?

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
Are you trying to monitor on this DC trunked system ?

Washington, DC (Project 16) Trunking System, Washington, District of Columbia - Scanner Frequencies

If so, pretty much all of the law enforcement talkgroups are showing encrypted, you will not be able to monitor them if they are.

If it's this system ( http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7508 ) your trying to monitor, this is p25 phase 2 capable AND they are making heavy use of encryption. You'll be able to hear the unencrypted groups as long as they are using p25 phase 1, but the home patrol can't do anything with phase 2.

Jeff.

Last edited:

tenley

Homepatrol

firmware version 2.04
data base verision 05/12/2013
help verision 12/07/2011
ESN 36326-028012193-10f
I had a pro96 and picked up all dc police transmisions, has something changed? I have been away from scanning for a few years. Thanks for your help. It looks like it has been down loaded at the factory but not transmiting. Do I need to go online like I did with my pro96? Did I purchase the wrong scanner for my location?

tenley

Home patrol

Washington DC police use the phase 2 as Jeff mentioned, so I guess I have the wrong scanner for my area. Is there something Im missing here? Unless I am told something else I will be putting it back in the box and sending it back. Bummer!

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
I think you should read his "below" as being "above." See post #4 of this thread.

The site has a option you can set to put messages as oldest first, which is the default, or newest first, which puts older messages "below." KA3JJZ must be using "Newest First."

Last edited:

tenley

your right, i will send this scanner back and look for one that will receive dcpd. i wish i new this before i purchased it but the ad says it will be programed to listen to dcpd, but not that it wont work.

Last edited:

MTS2000des

5B2_BEE00 Czar
your right, i will send this scanner back and look for one that will receive dcpd. i wish i new this before i purchased it but the ad says it will be programed to listen to dcpd, but not that it wont work.

except that there is no scanner that can decode encrypted transmissions. The DCPD apparently heavily use encryption on their system, because they want to keep us "safe from terrorist" (yeah right)- so it doesn't matter what modulation, trunking format, phase 1/2- if it's encrypted no scanner is going to allow you to monitor it.

Status
Not open for further replies.