Help with Spying Neighbor

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

melinda1978

Hello all
I have a problem with a neighbor who has been using RF to eavesdrop on me.

I know he can listen to what I am saying inside my house (even whispers with the stereo blasting). And I know he can SEE inside my house (could be RF or thermal imaging). He also has the ability to intercept the radiation from my computer screen and watch what I am doing on my computer. He went so far as to alter the firmware on my TV via the power lines. (He recently confirmed all of this and told me things about me that he could not possibly know.)

Last month I bought a wireless 2.4G Radio AV Receiver (security camera). When I set it up, the screen had an echo or a "pulse" that went something like this:
"quiet... tap, tap, tap, tap, tap... quiet... tap, tap, tap, tap, tap... quiet... tap, tap, tap, tap, tap... quiet..."

The guy is a real perv. I found out that he graduated the Naval Nuclear Power School in 1984. His name is Ken. The guy is a pro. And I know he is reading this with Karen as I write this- Hi Ken. Hi Karen.

Is there anyone out there who can tell me how he is doing this?
Would a Trifield 100XE meter help me detect this form of eavesdropping?
Would YShield paint aid in blocking him out?

Please help.
Melinda

Last edited by a moderator:

nanZor

Melinda - you have to admit this reads like a bad novel, and I've seen this tactic used by others on other message boards trying to hype EMF meters to what they think might be a paranoid demographic - one of which was to protect our children from the emf emitted from solar panels. :)

It almost always seems to be the very first post too.

Good work not including a link to the product to raise the flag. But you've got to tone down the story a little bit as we're not THAT gullible.

Last edited by a moderator:

gunmasternd

Hello all
I have a problem with a neighbor who has been using RF to eavesdrop on me.

I know he can listen to what I am saying inside my house (even whispers with the stereo blasting). And I know he can SEE inside my house (could be RF or thermal imaging). He also has the ability to intercept the radiation from my computer screen and watch what I am doing on my computer. He went so far as to alter the firmware on my TV via the power lines. (He recently confirmed all of this and told me things about me that he could not possibly know.)

Last month I bought a wireless 2.4G Radio AV Receiver (security camera). When I set it up, the screen had an echo or a "pulse" that went something like this:
"quiet... tap, tap, tap, tap, tap... quiet... tap, tap, tap, tap, tap... quiet... tap, tap, tap, tap, tap... quiet..."

The guy is a real perv. I found out that he graduated the Naval Nuclear Power School in 1984. His name is Ken. The guy is a pro. And I know he is reading this with Karen as I write this- Hi Ken. Hi Karen.

Is there anyone out there who can tell me how he is doing this?
Would a Trifield 100XE meter help me detect this form of eavesdropping?
Would YShield paint aid in blocking him out?

Please help.
Melinda

I doubt hes listening to you your a bit paranoid. Acoustical Privacy Jammer might solve your paranoid issues. It could be as simple as hes using a 2.4g video jammer also.

Sounds to me he doesnt like you and hes telling you made up stories and your believing it.

ckqualls

Premium Subscriber
I remember being on a call where the complainant thought she was being monitored. Got up on a ladder, took my HT's lapel mic, placed it on the ceiling, opened the squelch, and said some mumbo-jumbo. Told her we'd eradicated the spirits. Never got a call from her again.

KIKINWING

Premium Subscriber
DON'T BELEIVE THE HYPE!

Melinda,
People get rich daily on sucking the gullible in making them think they know something that nobody else could possibly know. Think Ms. Cleo?

I bet I could raise many reasons why you should not fear this wizard of oz... But if you are convinced then there is only two ways he is getting all of this.

1) He has illegaly bugged your home, whereby only a sweep or new equipment will do.

or

2) You're current hardware is vulnerable. Cordless phone 900mhz, etc.etc.

Without knowing more that is all I can say. But my advice is to just have someone kick his Butt or run "game" on him. My guess & experience is a booga eatin nerd will always crack under pressure regardless what Skolnick did at Adam's college.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
He went so far as to alter the firmware on my TV
The firmware trick. Run and turn off the TV quickly. He made your screen into a big high definition camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.