Mode types for my County

Status
Not open for further replies.

thexrock

Hi, I just bought a BC396Xt and I live in a small county in Iowa and just wanted to know when I look up what frequencies I have one webpage here says my local police is a p25 system.

Butler County, Iowa (IA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

Then when I read under the download reports section of this site, it has the same frequencies but no mention what system or if they still used p25 or not, was just curious if I am misreading it or with my scanner if it makes even a difference?

All Identified Frequencies in Butler County, Iowa (IA)

Also when i click under License tab it says expired on both?

Any tips on this would be great.

gr8rcall

Premium Subscriber
Hey, welcome to RR! You'll quickly become "part of the family!"
BTW, you will probably get a better response from the IA forum.
Just report your post, and ask to have it moved!

I would help you, but I naturally don't know zip about that area!

Last edited:

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
One of the moderators can move this thread for you.

It looks like from the link you provided to the database your county has a small pool of frequencies.

The conventional frequencies are all listed as "FM" on the mode with the exception of the first one for Butler Sheriff. That single frequency is P25 (not trunked). Take a look at the "MODE" column.

The Trunking system in your county is an EDACS system.

So it looks like if you wanted to listen to your county's Sheriff, you bought the right radio.

thexrock

Oh ok, I do see that, but wasnt sure if should put in both analog and digital since its the same freq. or if the digital trumps the analog line below it?

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
The radio should detect FM or P25 automagically. You may need to tweak the P25 wait time in the radio's settings if you find that the radio doesn't switch modes fast enough.

thexrock

The radio should detect FM or P25 automagically. You may need to tweak the P25 wait time in the radio's settings if you find that the radio doesn't switch modes fast enough.

I have it set to 600ms that should be enough, i would guess, also my old Bc 95xlt wouldnt be able to pick up anything then for my county or is it strictly the digital aspect of it?

thanks

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Your 95XLT won't be able to pickup the EDACS system or the single P25 channel. It should pickup everything else in the db

Code:
Frequency  Tone  	Alpha Tag  	Description  	Mode  	
158.79000 173.8 PL 	ButlerSh-A 	Sheriff-Analog  	FMN
154.34000 167.9 PL 	Butler Fire 	Fire Dispatch  	FM  
159.34500 210.7 PL 	ButlerRespon 	Fire Response  	FM 
153.96500               Butler FTAC1 	Fire TAC  	FM  	
156.01500               Butler FTAC2 	Fire TAC  	FM  	
158.92500               Butler FTAC3 	Fire TAC  	FM  	
156.16500 192.8 PL      Butler Road 	Road Department FM  	

Shell Rock

155.58000                 ShellRock PD 	Police  	FM

thexrock

Your 95XLT won't be able to pickup the EDACS system or the single P25 channel. It should pickup everything else in the db

Code:
158.79000 173.8 PL 	ButlerSh-A 	Sheriff-Analog  	FMN
154.34000 167.9 PL 	Butler Fire 	Fire Dispatch  	FM  
159.34500 210.7 PL 	ButlerRespon 	Fire Response  	FM 
153.96500               Butler FTAC1 	Fire TAC  	FM  	
156.01500               Butler FTAC2 	Fire TAC  	FM  	
158.92500               Butler FTAC3 	Fire TAC  	FM  	
156.16500 192.8 PL      Butler Road 	Road Department FM  	

Shell Rock

155.58000                 ShellRock PD 	Police  	FM

Yea, more than i thought, but i think all the good stuff is on that one channel, but will have to decide if its worth it or not.

n5ims

oh ok, thanks, who do i ask to get it moved?

Simply report a post using the "Report Post" feature that's available on every post. It's the small red triangle with the ! in the center that's located in the upper right corner of every post (on the darker blue heading lines). Using that feature will put the post into the moderator's queue so they can quickly find posts/threads that need their attention. You'll need to supply a reason for reporting the post and that's where you can tell them what you want done (e.g. "Please move this thread to the Iowa forum."). While it's set up for reporting more serious issues (threats, spam, forum rule violations, etc.) it is also the preferred way to handle simple requests such as forum moves. Since the moderators are quite busy with a large site like this, they can't really read every post in every thread to find one that requests them to do something for a user. Even if they could, the report post feature will be much quicker since it would get their attention quicker than having one just happen to luck onto a post asking for something.

Last edited:

thexrock

Simply report a post using the "Report Post" feature that's available on every post. It's the small red triangle with the ! in the center that's located in the upper right corner of every post (on the darker blue heading lines). Using that feature will put the post into the moderator's queue so they can quickly find posts/threads that need their attention. You'll need to supply a reason for reporting the post and that's where you can tell them what you want done (e.g. "Please move this thread to the Iowa forum."). While it's set up for reporting more serious issues (threats, spam, forum rule violations, etc.) it is also the preferred way to handle simple requests such as forum moves. Since the moderators are quite busy with a large site like this, they can't really read every post in every thread to find one that requests them to do something for a user. Even if they could, the report post feature will be much quicker since it would get their attention quicker than having one just happen to luck onto a post asking for something.

Will do thanks. I didnt think the Iowa thread got much action, especially my county.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Information

As a rule, we do not move threads from this specific forum to anywhere else. This forum is especially placed here to help new folks, no matter what the question. In doing so, we try to make it as simple as possible for the new members. So, no chasing around looking for answers, no worry about someone picking on you because you are new and hopefully good information so that can enjoy the hobby. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.