Help with RS Pro-96 Handheld Scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

hbjim

I hope someone can help me with what is probably an easy fix. I live in Orange County, CA. I bought a Radio Shack Pro-96 hand held scanner without a manual. For several days I was able to pick up Anaheim, Brea, Garden Grove, Huntington Beach, Orange and Newport Beach fire frequencies. I also can monitor the OC Fire frequencies. While in the car one day, I tried to pause the scanner and must have hit a key that stopped the automatic scanning of the Metro North frequencies. I can manually step through these frequencies and if I time it right, I receive the active channel. Once I push the search key, these channels do not automatically lock on to the signal. The correct channels are programmed in. I noticed the other banks seem to flash longer as the scanner searches for an active channel. This particular bank seems to skip just like an empty bank, but it is not. One last thing, the bank is turned on.
Can anyone help me with this?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
You may have inadvertently locked out a channel you didn't mean to. You say you can step through them, so do so and keep an eye on the character 4th from the right on the top line of the display. If you see an "L" there, that is locked out, hit the <L/OUT> button to remove the lock out.

scover5555

Well seeing that you said you tried to pause, and the "pause" key is just above the "mode" key, make sure the mode is still set for "MOT" as it seems the cities your trying to monitor are on a trunked system.

Status
Not open for further replies.