Don't know how to program properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

wannabedcilb

Got a Uniden BC346XT scanner for my ex-police officer grandfather and need to know how to program the stations he wants to hear. Can anyone give me exact instructions on how to program Rome, Ga police and Cobb County police, Ga? I have tried to do it but cant seem to do it properly.

JStemann

Premium Subscriber
I'm not real familiar with the area, but a quick check of the map shows Rome in floyd county. So, no problem with that one, as it uses conventional FM. However, most of Cobb county appears to use a digital trunked system. Your 346 will not be able to monitor that system. While they have some conventional fm frequencies listed, I have no idea how often, if at all, they are used. If you want to monitor Cobb Co., you will have to invest in a new (digital capable) scanner.

As for programming, by far the easiest way will be using a computer to import the systems/frequencies. Freescan is a great program, works with uniden scanners and, with a subscription to radio reference, you can import directly from the database to the software.

If you want to stay with manual programming, this link, Easier to Read BC346XT Scanner Manual, will probably help much more than I can.

Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.