Scanner not hearing certain types of traffic ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Methos

I've programmed our work scanner (uni 785d) to pickup Fleetnet zone 2 tower DEMOVL. It's getting OPP Reguar Ops traffic and MOH traffic, but I hear the dispatcher saying occasionally to switch over to TAC 2 or TAC 3. But I never pick that chatter. The fleetnet page the tactical groups are "D" and not encrypted, so why do those talk groups never appear ? Is this programmable at all?

Sent from my BlackBerry

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There were a number of issues with the BC25i card coming unseated or not being recognized by the scanner. I *think* (it's been a number of years) there was a firmware fix issued for this problem. That's assuming that these talkgroups were programmed as being digital, of course.

Are there any mode 'E' talkgroups from the database that got programmed? These are encrypted and you will not be able to listen to these.

Just a few random possibilities...

Methos

Unknown issue with a BC785D

No I avoided E talkgroups. I programmed the local area detachments and a couple of TAC groups but I never hear the switchover. The card I will check when I go back (holidays) question though, reg ops appeared before the talkgroups were named, why wouldn't tac's appear if I missed that particular one?

Sent from my BlackBerry

Status
Not open for further replies.