Help with Pro-163 Firmware update error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiritwarrior

Hey guys, I'm trying to update the RS Pro-163 firmware version 1.07 to 1.08 in the case of re-banding.

Unfortunately when I test the RS programming cable between the scanner and my Windows 8 computer via the firmware install, it says "Unable to communicate with the scanner." The drivers are installed for the cable and have selected the correct COM port number on the install, and have tried changing to different COM port numbers on my computer's Device Manager, but to no avail.

Did a search on this, but they do not mention much in terms of a solution to the problem. Any way to help fix this guys?

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-163

It is probably looking for a different "boot version". Make sure you're using the right version of code to do the update. Check here

Spiritwarrior

Turns out I bought and used the wrong scanner programming cable for the Pro-163 (20-546 black cable) which is probably why it won't communicate between scanner and PC.

The firmware update instructions call for the use of the model 20-047 programming cable, so I will try that and see if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.