hello i have an Icom IC-R1 radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

street101

Found this radio while cleaning i have no idea where we go it but look sto be a good radio an di would like to play with it a bit. Its not working at this time i put new batteries in it but havent got it to turn on yet i sit worth getting started with this radio or just selling it to buy a starter one that jon

N8IAA

Found this radio while cleaning i have no idea where we go it but look sto be a good radio an di would like to play with it a bit. Its not working at this time i put new batteries in it but havent got it to turn on yet i sit worth getting started with this radio or just selling it to buy a starter one that jon

According to the manual, there is an internal lithium ion battery that needs to be charged to hold frequencies. Do you still have the AC adapter for it? Take out the AA alkaline batteries and try running it on the wall wart. Also, had you stored batteries in the radio? You may have to clean the contacts. Never had the R1, but did have a R2 quite a few years ago.
HTH,
Larry

RZR

Recently dug mine out of an old box that I've had for years. Mine appeared dead until I reset the CPU, seems to be working fine now. Running it off the internal battery which seems to be taking a decent charge after all these years.

To reset the CPU, turn the radio off, press and hold F and CL while turning the radio on. This will return all settings to factory defaults and erase all the memories. (of course with power applied via wall wart or good external battery pack)

rzr

bkantor

I have two of these classics - on one the internal battery is dead and I have to use the extra battery pack that attaches and uses regular batteries. Even if you sell it, try to get it to work - they don't make them like that any more!!

johnnybaby

I have a question. I just got an IC-R1. How do I change the battery pack ? Does the lower half (BP84) separate from the receiver portion on top ? I tried to get them apart but they wouldn't separate. I removed the two tiny screws in back and pushed the little slide on the side but nothing ?? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.