Keeping track of systems/sites in Freescan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody! I have a question. I just upgraded to a BCD996XT in my vehicle. I had a previous Bearcat, and I loved it! I have read, (and reread, and reread) the Easier To Read Scanner Manual, so I have a handle on conventional vs trunking systems. I took you guys' advice, and downloaded freescan, and loaded the freqs from several states that correspond to states I will be visiting. I know I need to assign quick keys, but how do I sort out who's who, and what sysem belongs to which county or state. I used the database here to directly download the counties and state agencies, but now I want to assign quick keys, and I'm not sure how to ID all of the agencies I have freqs for. I'd like to organize them by state, the county. Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance

W8RMH

Feed Provider Since 2012
It's all in the alpha tagging. I don't use the tagging provided by RR. While time consuming, I capitalize everything to aid in viewing. I also add the Quick Key Number to the system/site alpha tags.

Then you can go to Menu, Program Systems, then scroll down through all the systems and sites and see which agencies have which Quick Key. For geographical areas I try to keep areas in groups of 10 Quick Keys. Example: 1-19 local, 20-29 rural counties, 30-39 state, 40-49 non PS, etc.

I currently have about 80 systems/sites covering about 30 counties in my BCD396XT for state, county, and local PS systems, plus systems for business, security, federal, Aviation, News, GMRS/FRS, HAM, etc.

With Group Quick Keys I maintain consistancy with numbering. Key 1 is always Fire, 2 is always Police, etc. across all systems.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.